COSHH Training For Cleaners
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Those who carry out cleaning duties are likely to come into contact with hazardous substances which can be harmful to themselves and others if the risks are not carefully controlled.
This COSHH Training for Cleaners course provides those who carry out cleaning activities the information they need to understand the risks hazardous substances can pose and how these can be controlled. You will learn about the legal duties employers have to comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002, as well as what workers are required to do. Upon completion of this training, you will understand the safety measures that your employer may be required to put in place to control hazardous substances and how to follow them.
- Written in compliance with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Assured by RoSPA
- Online training course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted next working day
- Downloadable PDF certificate available on completion
Who should take this course?
This COSHH Training for Cleaners course is suitable for people who carry out any cleaning duties as part of their work activities. Examples include cleaners in low risk premises, for example, the following:
- Retail premises
- Residential properties
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Hazardous Substances at Work|| |
What is a hazardous substance, legal requirements, what are the COSHH Regulations, who has duties under COSHH, other duties under the COSHH Regulations, the COSHH Approved Code of Practice (ACOP), why is COSHH important, routes of entry, and ill-health impacts.
|2||COSHH Requirements for Risk Assessments|| |
Key concepts, legal requirements and risk assessments, what is a risk assessment, risk assessments and COSHH, who should carry out a risk assessment, identifying the hazards, determining who may be harmed and how, evaluating the risks and implementing controls, recording risk assessment findings, and reviewing and updating the assessment.
|3||Identifying Hazardous Substances Used in Cleaning|| |
Hazard labelling and packaging, GB CLP hazard symbols, chemical labelling, and safety data sheets.
|4||COSHH Control Measures|| |
Preventing risks, selecting control measures, engineering controls, safe systems of work, storage, transport, and handling, workplace exposure limits (WELs), health surveillance, personal protective equipment (PPE), respiratory protective equipment (RPE), and emergency procedures.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations and what they require duty holders to do.
- What hazardous substances are and how they affect health and safety and cause ill-health impacts.
- How a COSHH risk assessment is carried out.
- How to identify products that are hazardous substances and what their labelling and safety data sheets should cover.
- The safety measures that your employer will put in place to control hazardous substances and how to follow them.
- What you should do to follow safety procedures.
- The importance of health surveillance for employees who work with certain hazardous substances.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.