Lone Worker Training
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
If you employ or manage someone who is required to work in isolation from others or without direct supervision, then it’s essential that the risks to their health and safety are carefully managed. Lone workers face specific risks that employees in busy workplaces are less likely to encounter so it’s important that they are identified early and effectively controlled.
This online course will provide you with a variety of practical controls that you can implement in your work environment to help keep lone workers safe from harm.
- Written in compliance with UK legislation and guidance
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Assured by RoSPA
- Online training course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted next working day
- Downloadable PDF certificate available on completion
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed to help people who employ, manage or supervise lone workers to understand the risks posed by lone working so that they can implement an effective safe system of work.
The course would also be beneficial for lone workers themselves who wish to learn more about the regulations, risk assessments and appropriate lone working control measures.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Lone Working|| |
Who are lone workers?, what are the risks?, what does the law say about lone working?, employer responsibilities, and lone worker responsibilities.
|2||Risk Assessments and Control Measures|| |
What is a risk assessment?, consulting employees, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks and decide on precautions, control measures for lone workers, control measures for accidents and emergencies, record your findings and implement them, and review and update.
|3||Setting Up a Safe System of Work|| |
The hierarchy of control, advantages of lone working, when lone working cannot be avoided, reducing the risks, first aid and emergency procedures, monitoring and supervision and training.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the risks to health and safety posed by lone working.
- Know what the law requires of employers and employees in regards to lone working.
- Understand the different steps required when undertaking a risk assessment.
- Be aware of the appropriate control measures that can be implemented in order to keep lone workers safe from harm.
- Understand what needs to be included in a safe system of work for lone workers.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.