Office Health & Safety Training
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This Office Safety course provides learners with an introduction to the common safety hazards that can be found in an office environment. The course explains how to identify health and safety risks and details what office workers can do to prevent their work tasks and behaviours from causing harm.
All low-risk workplaces, including offices, contain health and safety hazards that need to be carefully controlled. As an employee, it's important to have an awareness of the risks so that dangers can be identified and action can be taken to prevent injury or ill-health.
- Written in compliance with UK legislation and guidance
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Assured by RoSPA
- Online training course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted next working day
- Downloadable PDF certificate available on completion
Who should take this course?
This Office Health and Safety course is suitable for anyone who works in an office workplace, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time employees. The course is designed at an introductory level and so no pre-requisite training or knowledge is required.
Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that their workers are trained in health and safety matters and this course will help you to comply with that responsibility. This requirement applies to employees of all levels, including part-timers and work experience staff.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Office Health and Safety|| |
Statistics, benefits of health and safety, health and safety law, employer and employee responsibilities, and types of office hazards.
|2||Slips, Trips and Falls, Electrical Safety and Fire Safety|| |
Slips, trips and falls, electrical safety, and fire safety.
|3||Manual Handling, Hazardous Substances and Display Screen Equipment|| |
Manual handling, hazardous substances, and display screen equipment.
|4||Stress, Welfare Provisions and First Aid|| |
Work-related stress, mental health, noise, lighting and heating, workplace first aid, and recording accidents.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why health and safety rules and regulations are important for office workplaces.
- Recognise their health and safety responsibilities and understand where common office safety hazards can be found.
- Understand how to prevent and manage slips, trips and falls in the office.
- Know how to use electrical equipment safely and prevent workplace fires from starting.
- Understand the importance of carrying out manual handling and chemical handling activities with care.
- Know how to set up a desk or computer workstation ergonomically so as to prevent discomfort.
- Understand more about how to prevent workplace stress.
- Understand the first aid requirements of an office and recognise why it's important to report workplace accidents and injuries.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as required with no extra charge.