COVID-19 and Child Mental Health Course
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
The COVID-19 pandemic has completely transformed life as we know it. The upheaval of normal daily life and disruption of our usual routines, combined with the global fear of the virus and its consequences, has created feelings of uncertainty, worry and anxiety for many. Children and young people are experiencing a difficult range of emotions due to the repeated lockdowns, closures of schools, and the worry of their own and others’ safety.
This course provides you with knowledge of the effects that the pandemic is having on children’s mental health, outlines the risks to children, and explains how to support children whom you have concerns about. It also includes practical tips for talking about the pandemic and helping children going through bereavement.
- Developed by mental health professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate can be downloaded
Who Should Take This Course?
Anybody who works with, or around, children would benefit from taking this course, including activity leaders, sports coaches and childminders. The course will be particularly beneficial, however, to those who work in education, including:
- Headteachers and senior leaders.
- Teaching assistants.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||COVID-19 and Child Mental Health|| |
Effects of COVID-19 on a child’s mental health, COVID-19 risks to children, Mental health conditions and COVID-19, Spotting the signs, Returning to school, Readjusting to school, Responding to mental health concerns, Bereavement
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the risks of COVID-19 in relation to children and young people.
- Be able to recognise the signs that COVID-19 is causing mental health issues.
- Be able to respond to any concerns you have about a child’s mental health.
- Understand the difficulties children may face when returning to school after a lockdown.
- Know practical strategies to help children readjust to ‘normal’ life.
- Know what you should do to help a bereaved child return to school.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 5 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass, don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.