Anaphylaxis Awareness Training
This online Anaphylaxis Awareness course is designed to help learners understand more about what anaphylaxis is, what the symptoms of allergies and anaphylaxis are, and what can be done to help a person with anaphylaxis manage the condition.
Throughout the course you’ll learn more about the common symptoms to look out for amongst the people you work with, live with, care for or cater for. Upon completion of the training, you'll be able to understand the vital first aid measures to take – including how to put a person in the recovery position and how to administer an auto-injector - should someone suffer from an anaphylactic shock.
Developed by a qualified first aid professional
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1 hour
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This online course is suitable for anyone who works with, lives with or cares for people – including adults, teenagers and children - who suffer from anaphylaxis.
The course is equally suitable for anyone works with members of the public, as the course aims to help you to recognise the symptoms of anaphylaxis amongst customers or service users who may suffer from the condition without you being previously aware.
The course may be particularly useful for people who work in establishments that prepare, sell or serve food as anaphylaxis is often related to food allergies.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 3 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Anaphylaxis – What is anaphylaxis? Food allergy myths, key definitions, common causes of anaphylaxis, food allergens and why training is important.
- Identifying Anaphylaxis – People most at risk, early recognition, allergic reaction symptoms, anaphylaxis symptoms and preventing anaphylaxis.
- First Aid – Adrenaline, how to respond to an anaphylactic shock, the primary assessment, the recovery position, administering CPR to adults and children, auto-injectors, how to use an auto-injector and patient care.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand what anaphylaxis is (and isn't) and how it compares to food allergies and intolerance.
- Know the common causes of anaphylaxis, including common food allergens.
- Understand the symptoms of anaphylaxis and be able to recognise an anaphylactic shock.
- Know how anaphylaxis can be prevented.
- Know how to carry out first aid when someone is experiencing anaphylaxis, including the primary assessment, the recovery position and CPR.
- Understand how to use an adrenaline auto-injector in cases of anaphylaxis.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Internet Safety course is designed to help professionals and parents understand the risks faced by the online generation so that children can be protected from harm and any concerns can be dealt with appropriately.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »