CDM Regulations Training Course
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 place specific responsibilities on duty holders, including designers and contractors, and make them accountable for the consideration and management of health and safety on construction sites. This CDM Regulations course has been designed to provide learners with a practical knowledge of key duty holder requirements under the new CDM Regulations.
The aim of the Regulations is to minimise the risk of serious injuries and workplace fatalities on construction sites. By taking this course, learners will understand the importance of planning for and integrating safety management into the planning and design stages of construction projects and ensure that their work practices are complying with the law.
Developed by professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This course has been designed for anyone who is a key duty holder, whether they are the client, the principal contractor, the principal designer, the designers or sub-contractors. This course offers guidance on the roles and responsibilities of key duty holders.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 3 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to CDM – In this introduction learners will be introduced to the key points of the CDM Regulations as well as who has duties and what they are.
- Planning and Preparation – In this second module, learners will discover how to notify the HSE about a project, when a project is notifiable, what to
include in a client brief and how to prepare and plan the pre-construction phase, the construction phase plan and the health and safety file.
- Further Guidance – In this third module, learners will be introduced to who takes over the client duties when the project is a domestic one, how to assess the
suitability of the principal designer and contractor under CDM Regulations, and where to find additional information and resources on a series of very specific regulations.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have an overview of the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Know what they are required to do by law under CDM Regulations.
- Know how to prepare the pre-construction information.
- Know how to prepare the construction phase plan.
- Know how to prepare the health and safety file.
- Understand why co-operation and co-ordination are integral to the CDM Regulations.
- Understand the importance of integrating safety management in the planning and design stage.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 12 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos so that anyone who is likely to disturb it in their work can work safely and prevent ill-health. This Asbestos Awareness (Category A) course is suitable for anyone who may be exposed to asbestos so that they can avoid work which may disturb an asbestos containing material.
Learn More »
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »