Cleaning in Food Premises Training Course
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
By law, all food premises must be kept clean in order to prevent the risks to health and safety caused by contamination and harmful bacteria. This Cleaning in Food Premises course helps learners to develop the knowledge needed to carry out cleaning tasks thoroughly, effectively and safely, all whilst ensuring food safety is upheld.
The course will provide learners with an understanding of cleaning schedules and how to develop/follow them, their legal responsibilities under food safety law, how to protect food from contamination whilst cleaning, and the best methods for cleaning different parts of the food premises.
- Ensures compliance with Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of food stuffs.
- Developed by food safety professionals
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Matches the CIEH Level 2 Cleaning in Food Premises syllabus
- Accredited by CPD and endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this course?
This online cleaning course is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for cleaning premises where food is prepared, handled, sold and/or served. The course requires no pre-requisite knowledge and is suitable for employees of all levels of the business.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Additionally, this course is endorsed by the Institute of Hospitality as providing independently-evaluated, quality content that teaches good practice standards.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Cleaning Responsibilities and Schedules|| |
Useful definitions, why cleaning is important, legal responsibilities, types of cleaning and cleaning schedules.
|2||Health and Safety Hazards|| |
Food safety hazards, physical, chemical, microbial and allergenic hazards, health and safety, COSHH and recording and reporting accidents and illnesses.
|3||Preparing to Clean|| |
Personal hygiene, hand washing, protective clothing, protecting food from chemical contamination, chemical storage, preparing premises for cleaning, ventilation, cleaning products, cleaning equipment and safety signs.
|4||Cleaning Methods|| |
Preventing contamination, clean as you go, methods for cleaning floors, walls, fixtures and fittings, dishes and utensils.
|5||Pests, Waste Disposal and Cleaning Standards|| |
Pests, waste disposal, environmental impact, maintenance of cleaning equipment and monitoring cleaning standards.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand their legal responsibilities and the importance of thorough, safe and effective cleaning.
- Know how to create and follow a cleaning schedule.
- Understand how to recognise food safety hazards and prevent contamination whilst cleaning.
- Recognise the risks to health and safety posed by cleaning activities and how to prevent them.
- Know how to prepare the food premises, cleaning equipment and cleaning products.
- Have knowledge of the best methods for cleaning each part of the food premises.
- Understand how to identify, report and manage pests.
- Understand the importance of safe waste disposal.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other courses you may be interested in
Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course helps learners to understand the basics of food hygiene so that they can work safely, comply with the law, minimise contamination and ensure the food they handle is safe for consumers to eat.