COMAH Training Course
Major accidents have the potential to cause serious damage to both people and the environment, so it is essential that the risks are carefully controlled.
This COMAH training course has been designed as a thorough introduction to the Regulations so that site operators understand more about what their legal responsibilities are in regards to keeping themselves, their employees and the environment safe from harm.
The course covers all aspects of the COMAH Regulations, including information on creating a Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP), and provides learners with an understanding of their responsibilities under the latest Seveso III Directive which applies to all COMAH establishments from 1st June 2015.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This COMAH Course?
This course is suitable for all operators, including employers, managers and supervisors, who have responsibility for the safe operation of their establishment. The COMAH Regulations apply primarily to those who work in the chemical industry, including those who store, handle, use and produce dangerous substances.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- What is COMAH? – what is COMAH and who is affected by it? What is a major accident and a dangerous substance? Upper and lower tier establishments, non-COMAH establishments and Buncefield case study.
- The Competent Authority – who is the Competent Authority? How to notify the CA, inspections and enforcement of the law.
- The Seveso Directive – what is the Seveso Directive? What are the recent changes? The CLP Regulation, the Globally Harmonised System, provision of information to the public and the domino effect.
- Safety Management Systems – risk assessment, HAZOP, ALARP, what is a MAPP and what needs to be included? Safety management systems, emergency plans and steps to take following a major accident.
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand their responsibilities under the COMAH Regulations.
- Know how to notify the Competent Authority.
- Understand the legislative changes brought about by the Seveso III Directive and the CLP Regulation and how these affect workplaces.
- Have knowledge of what to include in a Major Accident Prevention Policy, a Safety Management System and an Emergency Plan.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online training course designed to provide employers and employees with a comprehensive introduction to the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR). The course explains the legal responsibilities and outlines how to undertake a suitable risk assessment of the workplace so as prevent harm to workers.
Learn More »
This COSHH training course gives employers and workers the information they need in order to comply with regulations in the workplace. It explains how to provide adequate control of employees’ exposure to harmful substances through methods of prevention and monitoring, details the control measures needed and advises on how to minimise risks.
Learn More »