Online Ladder Safety Training Course
Understanding how to use a ladder safely and carry out your work activity with care is essential for all types of workers.
Many industries require the use of ladders yet many employees are not suitably trained to do so. Using a ladder and working at height can present many risks to workers’ health and safety if not managed correctly: to be safe, the user must be competent. This Ladder Safety Training course provides a complete introduction to ladder safety so that you can learn more about safe working practices, understand the relevant health and safety legislation and feel more confident about safely carrying out your workplace tasks.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for employees of all levels, including full-time and part-time workers, managers and supervisors, who are required to use ladders or stepladders as part of their job role. The course is designed as an introduction to ladder safety and so no prerequisites are needed.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Ladder Safety – why ladder training is important and who is at risk, notable statistics and employer and employee responsibilities.
- Legal Responsibilities – the Work at Height Regulations 2005, risk assessments, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, access equipment and RIDDOR.
- Risk Assessment – the key steps of a risk assessment, common ladder hazards, deciding who may be harmed, understanding who can use a ladder, evaluating the risks, learning when a ladder is appropriate, selecting a ladder, recording risk assessment findings and reviewing the assessment.
- Using a Ladder Safely – ladder classifications, parts of a ladder, pre-use visual and formal inspections, maintenance and repairs, safe handling and storage techniques, securing a ladder, ladder extensions, safe ascending and descending, carrying items and PPE.
- Using Stepladders Safely – learning when a stepladder is appropriate, the parts of a stepladder, pre-use inspection and assembly, carrying a stepladder, stepladder maintenance and do's and don'ts.
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the legislation relating to using ladders at work and working at height.
- Have knowledge of employer responsibilities in relation to the Work at Height Regulations and RIDDOR.
- Know how to undertake a risk assessment of the work activity.
- Understand the best practice for using a ladder safely and learn the importance of pre-use inspections, maintenance, safe storage and safe handling.
- Understand the best practice for using and assembling a stepladder safely.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Working at Height Training course ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing learners with an understanding of the risks and controls measures associated with working at height.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »