Lone Working Training
If you employ or manage someone who is required to work in isolation from others or without direct supervision, then it’s essential that the risks to their health and safety are carefully managed. Lone workers face specific risks that employees in busy workplaces are less likely to encounter so it’s important that they are identified early and effectively controlled.
This online course will provide you with a variety of practical controls that you can implement in your work environment to help keep lone workers safe from harm.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course has been designed to help people who employ, manage or supervise lone workers to understand the risks posed by lone working so that they can implement an effective safe system of work.
The course would also be beneficial for lone workers themselves who wish to learn more about the regulations, risk assessments and appropriate lone working control measures.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into three accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Lone Working – who are lone workers? What are the risks? What does the law say about lone working? Employer and lone worker responsibilities.
- Risk Assessments and Control Measures – what is a risk assessment? Consulting employees, identifying the hazards, deciding who might be harmed, evaluating the risks, control measures for lone workers, control measures for accidents and emergencies, recording findings and reviewing and updating.
- Setting Up a Safe System of Work – the hierarchy of control, advantages of lone working, when lone working cannot be avoided, reducing the risks, first aid and emergency procedures, monitoring and supervision and training.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the risks to health and safety posed by lone working.
- Know what the law requires of employers and employees in regards to lone working.
- Understand the different steps required when undertaking a risk assessment.
- Be aware of the appropriate control measures that can be implemented in order to keep lone workers safe from harm.
- Understand what needs to be included in a safe system of work for lone workers.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
The Risk Assessment course teaches candidates how to identify hazards and produce a thorough risk assessment that is appropriate to your workplace. Developed by Chartered Members of the Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (CMIOSH) with many years experience in the delivery of training solutions, the result is an accessible interactive high quality training package.
Learn More »