Electrical Safety Training Online Course
Working with or near to a source of electricity can be extremely dangerous, making it essential for workers to have a good knowledge of how to work safely and protect themselves and others from harm.
This electrical safety training course has been designed to introduce learners to the subject and raise awareness of safe working practices and legal responsibilities. The course aids your compliances with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and ensures that learners are suitably trained in all electrical health and safety matters.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for workers of all levels, including managers, supervisors, full-time employees and part-time staff, who are required to work on or near electricity as part of their job role. The course has been designed as an introduction to electrical safety and so no pre-requisite training is needed. Occupations that may find the training particularly useful include, but are not limited to:
- Builders and construction workers.
- IT technicians.
- Communications engineers.
- Power and energy suppliers and engineers.
- Appliance repair workers.
- PAT testers.
- Cable engineers.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Electrical Safety – statistics, types and causes of accident and injury, why training is important, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and employee responsibilities.
- Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Identifying the electrical hazards, the fire triangle, deciding who might be harmed, who is likely to be at risk, evaluating the risks, recording your findings and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Controlling Hazards – safe installations, PAT, voltage, residual current devices, hand-held equipment, warning signs, fire safety, maintenance and inspections.
- Working Safely with Electricity - working near electricity, overhead power lines, underground cables, working near wiring, work on equipment, machinery or installations, explosive atmospheres and safe methods of working.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand why training in electrical safety is essential for maintaining health and safety.
- Have knowledge of their responsibilities under electrical safety legislation.
- Understand what is involved in carrying out a risk assessment of the workplace.
- Understand the importance of maintaining and inspecting electrical equipment.
- Have knowledge of the controls that can be used to help make working with electricity safer.
- Understand the best practices when working with electricity, including overhead power lines, underground cables and indoor work near to a source of electricity.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This Working at Height Training course ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing learners with an understanding of the risks and controls measures associated with working at height.
Learn More »