Online Fire Safety Training Course
This online Fire Safety Training Course is designed to provide employees with knowledge of the risks associated with workplace fires.
It goes into detail about the causes of fire and what appropriate fire safety precautions and fire evacuation procedures should be in place in your business.
Knowledge on fire safety is incredibly important, as failure to comply with government fire safety regulations could potentially lead to prosecution, fines or legal claims.
Fire safety training is therefore compulsory for all organisations.
Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety
(Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Fire Safety Course?
Under government legislation, all employees are required to take adequate fire safety training, regardless of the industry they work in.
This online fire safety course provides suitable training for all levels of employees, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time staff.
People in charge of fire risk assessments and fire evacuation procedures require fire warden training, as well as practical training in using firefighting equipment.
Employers are required to ensure that all new employees undergo fire safety training when they first start work and that existing employees have their training refreshed if any new fire risks are identified by a risk assessment.
Looking to appoint a designated fire warden?
Our fire warden training course
provides learners with the correct knowledge to prevent fire and enable safe evacuations.
Do You Comply With Fire Safety Regulations?
Duties are imposed on employers by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
These Regulations state that, in England and Wales, all employers, owners, landlords or occupiers of business or non-domestic premises are known as the ‘responsible person’ and are required, by law, to provide staff with information and training on fire safety.
Regulation 21 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 specifically states that ‘the responsible person must ensure that his employees are provided with adequate safety training (a) at the time when they are first employed; and (b) on their being exposed to new or increased risks.’
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and also includes
an assessment at the end.
- Introduction to Fire Safety - importance of fire safety awareness, the fire triangle, types of fire, fire safety law, and how is the law enforced?
- Fire Safety Responsibilities - employer duties, fire risk assessments, fire wardens, and employee duties.
- Fire Safety Arrangements - good housekeeping, fire detection and warning systems, emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, and employee training.
- Fire Evacuation Procedures - evacuation, Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans, and fire drills.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Fire Safety Training
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand how to help ensure their workplace complies with fire safety regulations.
- Understand everyone's duties for eliminating or reducing fire risks in the workplace.
- Understand the necessity of a fire risk assessment.
- Be aware of the components and causes of fire.
- Have a clear understanding of the necessary fire safety arrangements, including fire detection and alarm systems and evacuation routes.
- Be able to distinguish between different types of fire extinguishers and understand their uses.
- Recognise the steps that will be taken in the event of a fire.
- Understand the importance of fire drills.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »