Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace Training
By law, a basic knowledge of health and safety is essential for all employees in all industries to ensure that workplace risks are recognised and managed effectively.
This Level 2 health and safety in the workplace course is designed to provide employees with the requisite knowledge, or refresher training, needed in order provide a safe working environment within your organisation. This includes an understanding of legal responsibilities, accident prevention and an overview of some of the key areas of workplace health and safety.
Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 3-4 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace Course?
Everyone in the workplace, no matter the industry, is required to take sufficient and appropriate health and safety training. This Level 2 training course is suitable for workers of all abilities and is intended as a 'foundation' level course, designed to maintain learners' health and safety knowledge.
If you have new employees who have never undertaken training in health and safety before, then the Level 1 Health and Safety in the Workplace course is recommended as an induction level.
If you are a manager or supervisor then the Level 3 Health and Safety course would be more appropriate for your needs.
Do You Comply With the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974?
Under Section 2 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers have a duty to provide training for their employees to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, their health and safety at work.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 identify situations where health and safety training is particularly important, including:
- Training for new recruits.
- Training for when people change jobs or take on extra responsibilities.
- Training for young, more vulnerable employees.
- Refresher training where existing skills need updating.
The Health and Safety (Training for Employment) Regulations 1990 also state that learners doing work experience must be covered by health and safety law and so will also require training.
This online health and safety course ensures that you comply with these laws by providing an adequate level of information suitable for all employees.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and also includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Health and Safety Law - benefits of health and safety, common workplace accidents, the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Health and Safety Executive, health hazards, personal protective equipment, RIDDOR 2013.
- Workplace Safety and Welfare - slips, trips and falls, electrical safety, fire safety, welfare facilities, first aid, workplace stress, drugs and alcohol, workplace violence.
- Risk Assessment - identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings, reviewing and updating.
- Manual Handling and Ergonomics - Manual Handling Operations Regulations, manual handling injuries and best practice, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling, ergonomics, display screen equipment, housekeeping and safe systems of work.
- Hazardous Substances and Working at Height - routes of entry, control measures, reducing the risks from working at height, access equipment, ladders.
- Noise, Vibration and Vehicle Safety - employer responsibilities, noise reduction, vibration, vehicle risks, pedestrian-vehicle conflict.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have knowledge of basic health and safety procedures.
- Understand the responsibilities of employers and employees under health and safety legislation.
- Understand the importance of undertaking a risk assessment to prevent and control hazards.
- Know how to follow the correct safety procedures in the workplace.
- Understand the hazards and ill-health effects associated with specific work activities and processes.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »