Paediatric First Aid Online Training Course
This online Paediatric First Aid course is essential for anyone who works or lives with children; you never know when an
emergency may happen and when you will need to use first aid skills to remedy a potentially life-threatening situation.
Using high-quality videos alongside written guidance, this children’s first aid course is specially designed to help people
learn new skills and knowledge, or refresh existing first aid skills, in order to have more confidence to take action at
the time of an incident.
Note that this online training course gives you sufficient awareness of first aid, but it does not replace competency-based, practical training. Always seek medical advice in case of an emergency.
- Developed by a qualified first aid professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Paediatric First Aid Course?
This online children's first aid course is suitable for anyone who works or lives in a setting where children are present. This includes:
- Teachers and classroom assistants.
- School administration and support staff.
- Nursery workers.
- After-school clubs and activities.
- Sports coaches and clubs.
- Childminders, nannies and au-pairs.
- Parents and carers.
If you are looking for a course to comply with Ofsted's requirements, please contact your local authority.
Does This Course Allow Me to Become a Qualified First-Aider?
If you are looking to become a qualified paediatric first aider, then you'll need to undertake a practical first aid course in addition to this one to meet current legislative requirements.
Always refer to your setting's first aid risk assessment to determine whether you require practical training alongside this online course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- The Primary Survey – the aim of first aid, your first aid box and the primary survey: danger, response, airway and breathing.
- The Secondary Survey – steps of the secondary survey, when to call an ambulance, the recovery position for children, the recovery position for infants, unconscious casualties, choking, wounds and bleeding, and shock.
- Treating Secondary Injuries – burns and scalds, eye injuries, head injuries, fractures and broken bones, and spinal injuries.
- Resuscitation (CPR) for Children and Infants – administering CPR to children, administering CPR to infants, stopping CPR, defibrillators (AEDs), and extra things to consider.
- Secondary Illnesses and Conditions – asthma, allergic reactions and anaphylaxis, bites and stings, diabetes, epilepsy, high temperatures, hyperventilation, and electric shock.
- Further Secondary Illnesses and Conditions – sickle cell, meningitis and septicaemia, sepsis, croup, nosebleeds, sprains and strains, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia, and drowning.
Aims of the Paediatric First Aid Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a child casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a child or infant casualty.
- Know how to put children and infants in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock in children and infants.
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries and fractures.
- Know how to care for children suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, croup, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, high temperatures and hyperventilation.
- Understand the importance of recognising meningitis, septicaemia, sepsis and sickle cell.
- Be able to deal with and respond to sprains and strains, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia and drowning.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 90%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This child protection training course is designed to help people take an important first step in learning more about child protection and the safeguarding of the children around them.
Learn More »
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »