Paediatric First Aid Online Training Course
This online Paediatric First Aid course is essential for anyone who works or lives with children; you never know when an
emergency may happen and when you will need to use first aid skills to remedy a potentially life-threatening situation.
Using high-quality videos alongside written guidance, this children’s first aid course is specially designed to help people
learn new skills and knowledge, or refresh existing first aid skills, in order to have more confidence to take action at
the time of an incident.
Remember, however, that you should always seek medical advice and guidance before taking action in case of emergency.
This online training is purely for guidance purposes only and does not replace practical training.
- Developed by a qualified first aid professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Paediatric First Aid Course?
This online children’s first aid course is suitable for anyone who lives or works with children, for example parents, carers, after-school club workers and sports team coaches, helpers and volunteers etc.
The course is suitable for anyone wishing to learn new first aid skills or refresh their existing knowledge. No previous
qualifications are needed to complete the training as all basic first aid techniques are covered in detail throughout the
If you are looking for a course to comply with Ofsted's requirements, please contact your local authority.
Does This Course Allow Me to Become a Qualified First-Aider?
For environments with significant health and safety risks, a formally trained first-aider may be required on-site to deal
with accidents. The level and type of training that is appropriate will be determined by the company’s risk assessment.
To become a qualified first-aider you will need to undertake training in workplace first aid that includes at least 18 training
and assessment contact hours. Guidance on choosing a provider for this can be found online here: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction and Primary Assessment – the aim of first aid, your first aid box, the primary assessment: danger, response,
- Resuscitation (CPR) – how to administer CPR to a child and a baby, things to consider and how to treat unconscious
- Secondary Areas Part 1 – putting a child and an infant in the recovery position, choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- Secondary Areas Part 2 – burns, eye injuries, head injuries, fractures, spinal injuries and amputation.
- Secondary Conditions and Reactions Part 1 – asthma, allergies, bites and stings, nose bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy,
high temperatures and hyperventilation.
- Secondary Conditions and Reactions Part 2 – sickle cell, meningitis and septicaemia, fainting, sprains and strains,
poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia, electric shock, croup and drowning.
Aims of the Paediatric First Aid Course
By the end of this course, learners will have the appropriate knowledge to know how to:
- Do a primary assessment on a child casualty.
- Administer CPR to a child casualty.
- Put children and infants in the recovery position.
- Deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock in children and infants.
- Deal with and respond to eye and head injuries, burns and fractures.
- Care for children suffering from allergic reactions, bites, nose bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, high temperatures and hyperventilation.
- Deal with and respond to fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia, electric shock and croup.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This child protection training course is designed to help people take an important first step in learning more about child protection and the safeguarding of the children around them.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »