Paediatric First Aid Online Training Course
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This online Paediatric First Aid course is essential for anyone who works or lives with children; you never know when an emergency may happen and when you will need to use first aid skills to remedy a potentially life-threatening situation.
Using high-quality videos alongside written guidance, this children’s first aid course is specially designed to help people learn new skills and knowledge, or refresh existing first aid skills, in order to have more confidence to take action at the time of an incident.
- Developed by a qualified first aid professional
- Approved by CPD and IIRSM
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This online children's first aid course is suitable for anyone who works or lives in a setting where children are present. This includes:
- Teachers and classroom assistants.
- School administration and support staff.
- Nursery workers.
- After-school clubs and activities.
- Sports coaches and clubs.
- Childminders, nannies and au-pairs.
- Parents and carers.
Does This Course Allow Me to Become a Qualified First-Aider?
If you are looking to become a qualified paediatric first aider, then you'll need to undertake a practical first aid course in addition to this one to meet current legislative requirements.
Always refer to your setting's first aid risk assessment to determine whether you require practical training alongside this online course.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Additionally, this course has been independently recognised by the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management as meeting the standards of its Training Approval Scheme.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||The Primary Survey|| |
The aim of first aid, your first aid box and the primary survey: danger, response, airway and breathing.
|2||The Secondary Survey|| |
Steps of the secondary survey, when to call an ambulance, the recovery position for children, the recovery position for infants, unconscious casualties, choking, wounds and bleeding, and shock.
|3||Treating Secondary Injuries|| |
Burns and scalds, eye injuries, head injuries, fractures and broken bones, and spinal injuries.
|4||Resuscitation (CPR) for Children and Infants|| |
Administering CPR to children, administering CPR to infants, stopping CPR, defibrillators (AEDs), and extra things to consider.
|5||Secondary Illnesses and Conditions|| |
Asthma, allergic reactions and anaphylaxis, bites and stings, diabetes, epilepsy, high temperatures, hyperventilation, and electric shock.
|6||Further Secondary Illnesses and Conditions|| |
Sickle cell, meningitis and septicaemia, sepsis, croup, nosebleeds, sprains and strains, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia, and drowning.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a child casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a child or infant casualty.
- Know how to put children and infants in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock in children and infants.
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries and fractures.
- Know how to care for children suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, croup, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, high temperatures and hyperventilation.
- Understand the importance of recognising meningitis, septicaemia, sepsis and sickle cell.
- Be able to deal with and respond to sprains and strains, poisoning, smoke inhalation, hypothermia and drowning.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 90%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May Be Interested In
An online course suitable for anyone who works with children and/or their families to help them understand more about what their child protection responsibilities are, including how to recognise signs of abuse, how to report concerns and how to continually promote the wellbeing of all children.
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course helps learners to understand the basics of food hygiene so that they can work safely, comply with the law, minimise contamination and ensure the food they handle is safe for consumers to eat.