Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Training Course
Health and safety at work is of the utmost importance and personal protective equipment is an essential part of it.
With proper and diligent use of PPE, people will be safeguarded from hazards that could otherwise lead to harm befalling them. This Personal Protective Equipment course is designed to familiarise both employees and employers alike with all the fundamental aspects surrounding PPE used in working environments.
The course includes information on legislation relating to personal protective equipment, the various types of PPE that will protect workers from various hazards, why its use is important, and how you can determine the need for PPE in your workplace. With this requisite knowledge you will be fully prepared to select and use PPE, which will enable you to prevent harm from befalling your employees, yourself, and anyone who may visit the workplace.
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who works in an industry that may involve high-risk activities and requires the use of additional protection outside of other control measures. It will prove particularly useful to those who are responsible for upholding health and safety at work and are responsible for the selection and provision of PPE, such as the employer. But it is also suitable for employees, as it will fully educate you on how to meet your legal requirements, to fulfil your responsibilities, and the fundamentals of using PPE effectively at work.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction and Legislation – what is personal protective equipment, health and safety law, legislation, employer and employee responsibilities, types of personal protective equipment and why it is important.
- Selection, Use, and Maintenance – how to decide if PPE is needed, risk assessment, selecting PPE, ill-fitting personal protective equipment, fake personal protective equipment, the cost of PPE, PPE safety signs and maintenance.
- Breathing, Skin, and Eye Protection – respiratory protective equipment, RPE filters, how to determine if PPE is needed, skin protection, how to determine if skin protection is needed, eye protection, how to determine if eye protection is needed and people with prescriptions.
- Hearing and Head Protection – head protection and determining whether it is needed, why head protection is important, ear protection and determining whether it is needed, sound measuring equipment, exposure action values and combined PPE.
- Body and Foot Protection - body protection, high visibility clothing, determining if body protection is needed, demolition workers and those exposed to the sun, foot protection and determining if foot protection is needed.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- What personal protective equipment is, the relevant legislation relating to it, employers and employees' duties, and why it is important in the workplace.
- How to decide if PPE is needed, how to carry out a risk assessment, how to properly select PPE, and how to use it effectively.
- The importance of safety signs, thoroughly maintaining and properly storing equipment, and ensuring that it is suitable for its intended user.
- The various breathing, skin, and eye protective equipment available - including what industries they would be suitable for and how you can maximise their effectiveness.
- The various ear and head protective gear available - including what workplaces they would be suitable for and how you can determine the need for ear PPE by monitoring noise levels.
- The various body and foot protective equipment available - as well as what workplaces and workplace activities may require them. This includes the importance of high visibility attire.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
The Working at Height Course introduces the risks associated with working at height and how they can be assessed, giving workers the necessary skills to apply control measures and effectively use equipment to ensure safe working at height.
Learn More »