Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Training
This PPE Training course is designed to familiarise employers, senior staff, and employees with all the fundamental aspects of PPE that is used in work environments.
The course looks at legislation relating to PPE, the various types of PPE that protect workers from hazards, and how to determine the need for PPE. With this knowledge, learners will be fully prepared to select and use PPE properly so health and safety is upheld at work.
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Personal Protective Equipment training is suitable for anyone who works in an industry with high-risk activities, which often require the use of additional protection beyond other control measures. It is particularly useful for people in charge of upholding health and safety at work and selecting and providing PPE, such as employers and supervisors. But it is also suitable for employees, as it fully educates learners on how to meet legal requirements and use PPE properly.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction and Legislation - what is personal protective equipment, health and safety law, employer responsibilities, employee responsibilities, types of PPE, and why is PPE important.
- Selection, Use, and Maintenance - how to decide if PPE is needed, what is a risk assessment, how to properly select PPE, ill-fitting PPE, fake PPE, who covers the cost of PPE, the use of PPE, PPE safety signs, and maintenance of PPE.
- Breathing, Skin, and Eye Protection - respiratory protective equipment, RPE filters, when is RPE needed, skin protection, when is skin protection needed, improving skin protection's effectiveness, eye protection, when is eye protection needed, improving eye protection's effectiveness, and prescriptions.
- Hearing and Head Protection - head protection, when is head protection needed, why is head protection important, improving head protection's effectiveness, ear protection, when is ear protection needed, sound measuring equipment, exposure action values, types of ear protection, improving ear protection's effectiveness, and combined PPE.
- Body and Foot Protection - body protection, types of body protection, high visibility clothing, how to determine if body protection is needed, demolition, sun exposure, improving body protection's effectiveness, foot protection, types of foot protection, how to determine if foot protection is needed, and improving foot protection's effectiveness.
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- The importance of personal protective equipment, the relevant legislation relating to it, risk assessments, and employers and employees' duties.
- How to decide if PPE is needed, how to properly select PPE, and how to use it effectively.
- The importance of safety signs, maintaining and properly storing equipment, and ensuring that it is suitable for its intended user.
- The various breathing, skin, and eye protective equipment available and how to use them.
- The various ear and head protective gear available and their uses.
- The various body and foot protective equipment available and their uses.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online training course designed to provide workers with an introduction to ladder safety so that they understand how to carry out their work tasks competently and with care. The course outlines relevant legislation, includes details on how to undertake a risk assessment and provides advice on all the key aspects relating to using ladders safely.
Learn More »
This Working at Height Training course ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing learners with an understanding of the risks and controls measures associated with working at height.
Learn More »