Risk Assessment Training
This Risk Assessment training course is designed to help businesses comply with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 by providing guidance on how to complete a suitable and sufficient risk assessment in the workplace. Risk assessments are a legal requirement for all types of workplaces.
The course helps learners understand each of the key steps of a risk assessment, including how to identify risks, manage hazards and determine the likelihood of harm, so that they are confident in carrying out a risk assessment in their own premises.
Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
Matches the CIEH Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Principles and Practice syllabus
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1 hour
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Risk Assessment Course?
This online risk assessment training is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for carrying out a risk assessment of their workplace. The person who carries out the risk assessment is named the ‘competent person’ and this can be the business owner, a manager, a supervisor or anyone else within the business who has the necessary knowledge and experience.
This Risk Assessment course is suitable for all industries, workplace environments and premises and ensures that your company complies with the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Introduction to Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Why are risk assessments important? Who should carry out a risk assessment? Common causes of workplace injuries.
- Legal Responsibilities – the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, other regulations, approved codes of practice, employer responsibilities and law enforcement.
- Identifying the Risks – the steps of a risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks, the likelihood of risk, the severity of harm and the degree of risk.
- Reducing the Likelihood of Harm – decide on precautions, the hierarchy of control measures, engineering controls, administrative controls, personal protective equipment and further help.
- Recording and Reviewing the Results – record your findings and implement them, download a risk assessment template and review and update.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why carrying out a workplace risk assessment is essential for improving health and safety.
- Understand the types of accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Have an awareness of the legal responsibilities of employers and employees in terms of risk assessments.
- Understand each of the five key steps of the risk assessment process.
- Feel confident to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of the workplace.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This COSHH training course gives employers and workers the information they need in order to comply with regulations in the workplace. It explains how to provide adequate control of employees’ exposure to harmful substances through methods of prevention and monitoring, details the control measures needed and advises on how to minimise risks.
Learn More »