Slips, Trips & Falls Online Training Course
This Slips, Trips and Falls training course shows how to control the slip, trip and fall risks in your workplace so that you can protect yourself from accidents and comply with your workplace's health and safety requirements.
Slips, trips and falls are the most common hazards in workplaces of all kinds, contributing to over 10,000 serious injuries each year. This training course will help you understand where these hazards originate, how to prevent them from causing harm, and how to carry out your work activities safely.
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Slips, Trips and Falls course is designed for workers at all levels and in all types of businesses. Slips, trips and falls can happen in any industry, including catering premises, warehouses and residential homes, and training is important in order to manage the risks to health and safety.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Slips, Trips and Falls – statistics on slips, trips and falls, who has responsibility for managing the risks, employee responsibilities, health and safety legislation, British and European standards and benefits of health and safety.
- Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment, who should carry out the risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, determine the control measures, the hierarchy of control, record the risk assessment, accidents records and RIDDOR, review the risk assessment.
- Preventing Slips and Trips – causes of slip and trip hazards, floor contamination, effective cleaning, good housekeeping, design and maintenance, flooring, walkways and footwear.
- Preventing Falls – causes of fall hazards, Work at Height Regulations, risk reduction and ladder safety.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Have an awareness of slip, trip and fall hazards and how they may develop in the workplace.
- Recognise what the law requires of employers and employees.
- Understand what's involved in a risk assessment of the workplace and be able to identify slip, trip and fall hazards.
- Know how to prevent slips, trips and falls by following appropriate safety measures.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
An online training course designed to provide workers with an introduction to ladder safety so that they understand how to carry out their work tasks competently and with care. The course outlines relevant legislation, includes details on how to undertake a risk assessment and provides advice on all the key aspects relating to using ladders safely.
Learn More »