Working In Confined Spaces Training Course
Every year a number of people are killed or seriously injured due to working in confined spaces, often because they are unaware of the dangers, poorly trained or do not have the correct safety equipment.
This Working in Confined Spaces training course has been designed as an introduction to the topic so learners can understand more about safe work practices, suitable control measures and what the law says in regards to staying safe at work.
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone whose work requires them to enter a confined space, including employees, managers, supervisors and rescuers. The course is designed as an introduction to working safely in confined spaces and so no pre-requisite training is needed.
A confined space is any area which is substantially enclosed and where there are risks to health and safety from hazardous substances or hazardous conditions. If you, or your employees, are required to work under such conditions then regular training is recommended.
This e-learning course provides awareness education. Depending on your company risk assessment, further training may be required to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 2 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Confined Spaces Legislation – why is training important? What is a confined space? Health and safety legislation, the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, other related legislation and employee responsibilities.
- Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Identifying hazards, the dangers of confined spaces, deciding who may be harmed, the people most at risk, evaluating risks, recording findings and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Control Measures – avoiding entering confined spaces, safe systems of work and permit-to-work.
- Emergency Procedures – communication, rescue and resuscitation equipment, capability of rescuers, fire safety, shut down, first aid, the emergency services and communication, education and training.
Aims of the Training Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have knowledge of their legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act, Confined Spaces Regulations and other related legislation.
- Understand how to carry out a risk assessment of work to be carried out in a confined space.
- Be aware of the dangers of working in confined spaces and understand the importance of implementing appropriate control measures.
- Understand the necessary emergency procedures for working in confined spaces.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Working at Height Training course ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing learners with an understanding of the risks and controls measures associated with working at height.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »