Level 3 Safeguarding Adults Training
Designated Safeguarding Lead For Adult Care Settings
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
If you are in a position of responsibility in an organisation that works, or comes into contact, with vulnerable adults, then you have a responsibility to ensure that you have the knowledge and skills needed to safeguard these adults and keep them safe.
This online Level 3 Safeguarding Adults training course will provide you with a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of how to safeguard vulnerable adults. You will learn how to recognise and respond to abuse, when and how to make safeguarding referrals, and how to work with other agencies to ensure all adults in your care receive the correct safeguarding support. You will also learn about safer recruitment and how to ensure that every adult receives person-centred care.
This course uses a variety of written text and interactive exercises to help you understand your safeguarding responsibilities. The course also includes a downloadable safeguarding adults policy that you can download and use in your organisation.
- Developed in partnership with an adult safeguarding professional and local authority board member
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3-4 hours
- High quality certificate posted the next working day
- Downloadable certificate available on completion
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for anyone who is in a position of responsibility in an organisation where vulnerable adults are present. This includes, but is not limited to, managers, supervisors, and Designated Safeguarding Leads in:
- Care homes and residential settings
- Social housing settings
- Social and religious group settings
- Adult education establishments
- Health and social care environments
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 2 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Skills for Care Endorsed Training Provider
We're proud to be officially endorsed by Skills for Care, the strategic body for workforce development in social care in England and a delivery partner for the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC). Skills for Care endorsement is a trusted quality mark only awarded to the best learning and development providers within the social care sector.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Safeguarding Adults Legislation||The role of the designated safeguarding lead, adults with safeguarding needs, safeguarding adults legislation, Care Act 2014, Equality Act 2010, Mental Capacity Act 2005, Human Rights Act 1998, further legislation for safeguarding adults, Care Quality Commission, and safeguarding adults boards.|
|2||Leadership in Safeguarding||Policies and procedures, developing an adult safeguarding policy, training and awareness, whistleblowing, grievance and disciplinary procedures, enforcing policies and procedures, and empowering adults.|
|3||Safer Recruitment|| |
What is safer recruitment, why is safer recruitment important, Disclosure and Barring Service checks, obtaining a DBS check, regulated activity, safer recruitment practices, references, safer recruitment policy statement, and staff responsibilities.
|4||Identifying Types of Abuse||What is abuse, risk factors, types of abuse, exploitation, organised crime and county lines, cuckooing, consequences of abuse, and preventing abuse.|
|5||Responding to Disclosures||Responding to a disclosure, recording disclosures, preserving evidence, referring disclosures, local authority responsibilities, allegations about staff, next steps following a referral, and outcomes of a referral.|
|6||Multi-Agency Working|| |
What is multi-agency working, what are multi-agency safeguarding hubs, multi-agency safeguarding roles, multi-agency working in practice, information sharing, information sharing and mental capacity, mental capacity and assisted decision making, and deprivation of liberty safeguards.
|7||Supporting Adults|| |
Caring for victims of abuse, receiving help, supporting victims of crime, supporting an adult who was abused as a child, further support, and further resources.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
At the end of this course, you will have a detailed understanding of:
- How to identify a vulnerable adult in need of safeguarding support, what abuse and neglect are, and how to identify them.
- How legislation, including the Care Act, affects your safeguarding responsibilities.
- How to minimise the risk of abuse and neglect.
- The importance of safer recruitment and how to incorporate safer recruitment policy and procedures into your workplace.
- An adult's basic human rights to consent and decision-making, plus what the Mental Capacity Act and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards say about 'unwise decisions' and 'best interests'.
- How to deal with a disclosure and carry out safeguarding adult enquiries, support staff, and take notes in order to keep an accurate record of a disclosure.
- The roles of statutory bodies and when they need to be alerted, plus how they will act following a referral.
- When it's appropriate to share information and how to take action should you disagree with actions or decisions made.
- Safer recruitment responsibilities, including how to deal with an allegation against a staff member, whistleblowing policies and staff training.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 90%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.