LGBT Awareness Training
This LGBT Training course has been designed to provide learners with a general understanding of LGBT issues. Learners will come away from the course with a firm understanding of the issues facing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Trans people in the UK. You’ll discover how to accommodate LGBT diversity in the workplace and create a positive and inclusive environment.
This course is particularly suited for those who want to develop an LGBT-friendly culture in their workplace. The course covers the legal requirements related to LGBT and will assist you in developing inclusive and diverse policies and procedures.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This LGBT Awareness course provides tips on creating an inclusive, LGBT-friendly culture and managing LGBT issues in the workplace, and is suitable for all different environments. This course will also be useful for professionals and organisations who work with young people.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction: In this introduction, learners will look at a brief history of the LGBT rights movement. Learners will understand what is meant by sexual diversity and gender identity and will look at queer theory and intersectionality. The final part of this module looks at how being LGBT can affect mental health.
- Prejudice and Discrimination: In this second module, you’ll discover the types of subtle and overt forms of discrimination, prejudice, harassment, and victimisation that LGBT people are subject to. You’ll also be provided with tips to combat prejudice in the workplace and how to enforce a zero tolerance policy on discrimination.
- Transgender Awareness: In this third module, learners will be introduced to trans-specific issues such as gender dysphoria, gender variance, transphobia, transitioning, how the professional environment can compromise transgender identity, and gender non-conformity in children.
- LGBT Legislation: In this final module, learners will be introduced to key elements in the British Equality Act 2010 that protect LGB and Transgender people. You’ll learn how to make sure your organisation is LGBT friendly and how to make accommodations for LGBT consumers.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand key LGBT terminology.
- Understand LGBT rights and law.
- Have an awareness of LGBT history in the UK.
- Recognise the effects of prejudice and discrimination on LGBT people.
- Gain practical knowledge to challenge discrimination.
- Feel confident recognising prejudice and supporting LGBT people.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »