Safeguarding Children with Disabilities Training Course
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This Safeguarding Children with Disabilities course aims to help people who work with children or young people understand more about the impact that disabilities can have on a child’s life, care and family.
The course will aid learners to understand the most appropriate terminology to use when discussing children with disabilities, learn about why children with disabilities are more vulnerable to abuse and neglect, have knowledge of the warning signs of abuse to look out for and recognise when it’s essential to report safeguarding concerns.
- Developed by a qualified child protection professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who works with children or young people with disabilities, and/or their families. This includes, but is not limited to, healthcare workers, teachers, child-minders, sports clubs and youth and community workers.
If you have not taken child protection training before then it’s recommended that you consider the Introduction to Safeguarding Children course in addition to this Safeguarding Children with Disabilities training.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Why training is important and language guidelines.
|2||Understanding the Impact of Disabilities|| |
What is a disability? Examples of disabilities, the medical and social models of disability, the impact of a disability on a child’s life, their care, older children and family members.
|3||Recognising the Warning Signs of Abuse|| |
The links between disability and abuse, why children with disabilities are more vulnerable, created vulnerability, perpetrators of abuse, warning signs of abuse, case studies, the impact of abuse and neglect and your responsibilities.
|4||Best Practice for Responding to Concerns|| |
Talking to children with disabilities, talking to a child’s parents or carers, your responsibilities, why people don’t act on their concerns, responding to concerns, working with families, best practice for service providers and further resources.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the most appropriate language and terminology to use when referring to a child or young person with a disability.
- Understand more about the impact that a disability can have on a child's life, as well as that of their family and their care.
- Know why children with disabilities are more vulnerable to abuse and neglect.
- Understand the potential warning signs to look out for which may suggest a child with disabilities is suffering from abuse.
- Know what constitutes best practice for responding to concerns about child abuse, understand how to talk to the child about your worries and know why it's so important to act on concerns.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no ex