Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (SOVA) Training Course (Level 1)
This Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Level 1) training course provides you with all the knowledge you need to safeguard vulnerable adults.
It explains your safeguarding responsibilities, how to recognise signs of abuse and neglect, and how to report your concerns. Upon completion of the training, you will be confident in promoting a good quality of life for all vulnerable adults.
- Developed by safeguarding professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone whose job role involves working with vulnerable adults. It's suitable for workers of all levels, including managers, supervisors, staff, and volunteers. No pre-requisite knowledge is required.
Examples of people who should take this training include:
- NHS staff.
- Dental professionals.
- Carers (including in a residential home or domestic setting).
- Private healthcare workers.
- Education establishments (e.g. adult learning).
We also provide an Advanced Safeguarding Adults (Level 2) course if you are looking for higher level training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction – defining safeguarding, safeguarding key principles, who is a vulnerable adult, case studies, and why training is important.
- Why are Vulnerable Adults at Risk? – what is abuse, who commits abuse, case study, factors that increase risk, and mental capacity.
- Types of Abuse – types of abuse and a case study.
- Responding to a Disclosure – failing to disclose, discovering concerns, responding to a disclosure, recording a disclosure, reporting a disclosure, whistleblowing, and a case study.
- Reporting Your Concerns – your responsibilities, why some people don't take action, who to report to, if the report isn't taken seriously, if the concerns are about a professional, when to report a concern, checking existing reports, what you should report, after reporting, and recording information.
- After a Referral – adult social care, strategy discussions, safeguarding case conference, protection plans, reviewing a protection plan, and closing a protection plan.
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand why safeguarding vulnerable adults training is so important for everyone within your organisation.
- Have an awareness of which adults are most at risk and which factors increase the likelihood of being at risk from harm.
- Know more about the different categories of abuse, plus the potential warning signs associated with each type.
- Understand how to respond appropriately to a disclosure from a vulnerable adult and know what to do next.
- Know how to report any concerns that you may have.
- Understand what happens in the safeguarding process after a referral to adult social care has been made.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This child protection training course is designed to help people take an important first step in learning more about child protection and the safeguarding of the children around them.
Learn More »
This Advanced Safeguarding Adults course aims to provide those with safeguarding responsibilities with a better understanding of the principles of the Care Act, how to take a person-centered approach to safeguarding, and how to identify and respond to any issues or concerns that arise amongst the adults in need that they work with.
Learn More »