Level 2 HACCP Training Course
By law, all food businesses – including catering, retail and manufacturing – must have an effective food safety management system in place.
This Level 2 HACCP course will introduce learners to the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points management system and help you to understand
how to comply with the law, how to work safely and efficiently and what each crucial step of the HACCP implementation process entails.
By the end of the course learners will have a thorough understanding of why HACCP is important, how the 7 HACCP principles can be implemented and
what can be done to ensure the food handled in their business remains safe for the consumer.
- Developed by food safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Ensures compliance with EU Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Level 2 HACCP course is suitable for employees at all levels within a food business. This includes full-time, part-time and temporary workers.
The course aims to provide a comprehensive introduction to HACCP and teaches learners about what they can do to help their business implement the system and comply with the law.
It’s recommended that learners take a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course before beginning this Level 2 HACCP training.
If you’re a manager or a supervisor of a food business then the Level 3 HACCP course is more suited to your needs.
Do You Comply With the European Food Safety Regulations?
The European Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs requires food
businesses in the EU to implement a food safety management system based on the Codex
By providing effective training, employers can help to ensure that everyone in the
workplace is competent to carry out their work safely. Managers, supervisors and
other members of staff should be able to recognise the hazards posed by their work,
be able to take action to reduce or eliminate the risks and understand how to follow
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and approved by Environmental Health Officers: the training materials have been independently
reviewed and are verified as containing the necessary knowledge to achieve the level of training specified.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into 6 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment
at the end.
Download Course Overview
- Introduction to HACCP – what is HACCP? Key terms, legislation, benefits of HACCP and enforcing the law.
- Food Safety Hazards – how contamination applies to HACCP, physical, chemical, microbial and allergenic contamination and cross contamination.
- Principles and Prerequisites – the 7 principles, examples of prerequisites, effective prerequisites and assessing prerequisites.
- Creating a HACCP System – the basics of HACCP, creating a HACCP team, describing the products and ingredients, identifying the products’ uses and consumers,
constructing a flow diagram and confirming the flow diagram.
- The 7 Principles: Hazard Analysis and Control Measures – the 7 principles of HACCP, hazard analysis, determining critical control points, the codex decision tree and establishing critical limits.
- The 7 Principles: Monitoring and Verification – monitoring critical control points, establishing corrective actions, establishing verification procedures, reviewing the HACCP plan and record keeping.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Have knowledge of food hygiene legislation and recognise why HACCP is relevant.
- Understand the main categories of food safety hazards.
- Be aware of the 7 principles of HACCP.
- Understand the importance of having effective prerequisites in place before implementing a HACCP system.
- Understand what's involved in setting up a HACCP system.
- Know more about identifying food safety hazards and their appropriate control measures.
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring the HACCP system.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 30 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Level 3 HACCP training course gives managers and supervisors who work with food an overview of HACCP, including how to implement and manage a HACCP plan effectively to comply with UK / EU regulations.
Learn More »
All food handlers in the manufacturing sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in manufacturing settings by providing relevant examples.
Learn More »