Communication Skills Online Training Course
This online Communication Skills training course is designed to help those working in a business environment improve their
everyday communication skills, from holding appraisals, providing feedback and giving complaints to negotiating, dealing
with confrontation and being more assertive.
The course gives an overview of some of the main communication styles found in the workplace and provides details on how
you can improve your skills to get the best result each time. The course also uses some real-life examples of successful
communicators to show how these new-found skills can be used to their greatest in the real world.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Communication Skills Training Course?
This Communication Skills training is suitable for employers, managers, supervisors or anyone in a leadership role who wishes
to improve their communication skills. The course is best suited to those who work within an office environment although
the content is applicable to anyone required to communicate effectively on a regular basis.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction – reasons for communication, types of communication, benefits and negatives, attributes of a good communicator,
preparing yourself and your message.
- Appraisals, Feedback and Motivating – creating a positive atmosphere, appraisals, feedback, confidentiality and motivating
- Empathy, Coaching and Asking Questions – empathy and support, positive phrases, emotional intelligence, over the phone,
coaching and asking questions.
- Disagreements, Confrontation and Complaints – difficult conversations, disagreements, dealing with confrontation,
complaints and upset workers.
- Criticism, Assertion, Negotiation and Persuasion – giving criticism, useful phrases, being assertive, negotiation
- Non-Verbal Communication – body language, listening skills, men vs women, confidence, managing emotions, written communication
and cross-cultural communication.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Online Communication Skills Training Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why good communication skills are important and beneficial.
- Know how to deal with difficult conversations, give constructive criticism and handle complaints.
- Understand how to be assertive.
- Learn how to give good feedback, appraisals and encouragement.
- Understand how to motivate and coach workers.
- Understand the importance of body language and other paralinguistic aspects.
- Understand emotional intelligence.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »