Online Communication Skills Training
This online Communication Skills training course is designed to help those working in a business environment improve their business communication skills, from holding appraisals, providing feedback, and responding to complaints to negotiating, dealing with confrontation, and being more assertive.
The course gives an overview of some of the main communication styles found in the workplace and provides advice on how to improve your skills to get the best result each time.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Communication Skills Training Course?
This Communication Skills online training is suitable for employers, managers, supervisors or anyone in a leadership role who wishes to improve their effective communication skills.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- The Importance of Communication – looks at desirable communication skills, types of communication, the benefits and consequences of communication skills, and how to improve: learn, practise, and reflect.
- Appraisals, Feedback, and Motivation – covers feedback, one to ones, the performance appraisal, confidentiality and how to motivate.
- Emotional Intelligence and Coaching – focuses on the value of empathy and support, emotional intelligence and its competencies, phone etiquette, coaching, asking questions, and open and closed questions.
- Disagreements, Confrontation, and Complaints – looks at how to have difficult conversations, how to handle disagreements, complaints and confrontation, problem solving, managing upset employees, and how to make difficult announcements.
- Criticism and Negotiation – offers advice on giving criticism, using useful phrases, being assertive, negotiation, and persuasion.
- Non-Verbal Communication – provides information on body language, listening skills, confidence, managing emotions at work, and written communication tips.
Aims of the Online Communication Skills Training Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know how to deal with difficult conversations, give constructive criticism, and handle complaints.
- Understand how to be assertive.
- Learn how to give good feedback, appraisals, and encouragement.
- Understand how to motivate and coach workers.
- Understand the importance of body language and non-verbal communication.
- Understand emotional intelligence.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This presentation skills training course is designed to give anyone required to do a presentation the basic knowledge to present concisely and effectively through good writing, practice and performance.
Learn More »
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »