Online Conflict Management Training Course
This online Conflict Management Training course is designed to train senior members of staff and employees in how to prevent and handle conflicts that occur in their workplace. It familiarises them with common causes and signs of conflict, how the law relates to conflict management, how to carry out a conflict risk assessment, ways to prevent conflicts, and methods for handling confrontations and ongoing cases of conflict – including types of alternative conflict resolution.
Conflicts can happen in any workplace and in any industry, no matter how many employees are in the business. It can happen between individuals, between staff and a customer or patient, or between larger groups of employees. Damaged relationships can be difficult or impossible to repair and conflicts with customers or patients can damage a business' reputation, harming the business as a whole. This is why conflict resolution and knowing how to properly intervene is essential.
Developed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this Conflict Management course?
Any job that involves working with others or serving members of the public can experience conflicts. This means anyone at any level of a business will benefit from the information in this course. It explains how conflicts are caused and how to prevent or deal with them through effective conflict resolution methods.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 4 accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Conflict Management - why is conflict management important?, types of conflict, causes of conflict, causes of conflict: examples, consequences of conflict, who is at risk?, and the law.
- Conflict Risk Assessment - what is a conflict risk assessment?; step 1: look for conflict risks; step 2: recognise who might be at risk; step 3: evaluate risks and decide on precautions; step 4: implement procedures and notify staff; step 5: record your findings and implementations; step 6: monitor, review, and update; employer duties; and employee duties.
- Preventing Conflict - behavioural changes, preventative procedures, staff training, changing the workplace layout, changing job roles/design/hours, improving access/lighting/security, having 1-2-1s, encouraging employee feedback, preventing common causes of conflict, seeking professional help, and discrimination.
- Handling Conflict - managing confrontational employees; offering support; reporting and recording incidents; intervening; informal discussions; mediation; mediation: case study; conciliation; arbitration; and employment tribunals.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Recognise the different types and common causes of conflict.
- Know who is at risk of conflict and what negative impact conflicts have on a workplace.
- Understand how the law relates to conflict management.
- Be capable of carrying out a conflict risk assessment and identifying conflict risks.
- Be familiar with the various strategies and methods used to prevent conflicts from occurring or escalating in the workplace.
- Have a thorough understanding of the various ways to deal with confrontations and ongoing conflicts, including forms of alternative dispute resolution such as mediation.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide learners with an introduction to safe working practices when their role involves entry to a confined space. The course outlines the relevant legislation and legal responsibilities of employers, details how to carry out a risk assessment, explains what is needed in a Safe System of Work and highlights the importance of having efficient emergency procedures in place.
Learn More »