Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures Training
This Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures Training Course is designed to help managers and employers ensure that they have a fair and consistent disciplinary procedure in their workplace.
By the end of the training, learners will know how to ensure both minor and gross misconduct are handled appropriately, how to conduct an appropriate investigation and disciplinary hearing, and understand the different penalties that employees can be given. Learners will also understand what happens when an employee appeals a decision or takes the company to an Employment Tribunal.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures Training course is most suitable for employers and managers who want to learn more about how to handle disciplinary and grievance matters appropriately.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction - what is a disciplinary procedure, why is a disciplinary procedure needed, benefits of having procedures, consequences of not having procedures, management and employee responsibilities, accessibility and the ACAS code of practice.
- Investigations and Disciplinary Hearings - types of misconduct, investigations, suspension, verbal warnings, preparing for a disciplinary hearing, during the hearing, the final decision and keeping records.
- Dismissal and Penalties- penalties for misconduct, first written warnings, final written warnings, dismissal, unfair dismissal, constructive and wrongful dismissal, gross misconduct, dismissal procedure and alternatives to dismissal.
- Grievances and Appeals- what is a grievance, how a grievance should be raised, grievance policy and procedure, making an appeal, appeal meetings and hearings, the final decision, Employment Tribunals, mediation and whistleblowing.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Know why having disciplinary and grievance procedures are essential for their business.
- Understand what needs to be included in a disciplinary procedure and be able to give examples of minor misconduct, serious misconduct and gross misconduct.
- Understand what happens during an investigation and disciplinary hearing.
- Be aware of the different penalties that employees may receive, including first and final warnings and dismissal.
- Understand what constitutes unfair dismissal.
- Know what happens when an employee appeals a decision or makes a claim to an Employment Tribunal.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This online Level 2 Cleaning in Food Premises training course is designed to ensure compliance with Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of food stuffs by providing those responsible for cleaning the food premises with sufficient knowledge on preparing to clean, cleaning methods and the contamination hazards to look out for.
Learn More »
This Complaint Handling course is designed to train people who are in a customer service or specific complaint handling role to properly deal with complaints that their business may receive.
Learn More »