Effective Leadership Training
This Effective Leadership training course will provide employers and employees with the information they need to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
The course describes how to enrich management competencies, strategic and operational decision making, together with developing skills and techniques for problem solving, leading change and organisational development. It focuses on advancing leadership proficiencies and leveraging them for measurable, sustained impact in a range of business environments.
Designed by business professionals
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 3-4 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course has been designed for those who want to build on their existing leadership effectiveness or for those who are looking to move into leadership positions to improve their preparedness for the role.
On successful completion of the course, you'll be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. Your certificate can be used in audits and to demonstrate your compliance and awareness of statutory reporting duties.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
Our Effective Leadership course comprises eight progression-linked modules. You'll move through the course using a notepad, a blog, a journal or a video blogging device to work through a series of tasks designed to augment knowledge and make the course outcomes truly personal.
- Module One: Introduction - In this introduction to the course, you'll be provided with a framework to understand your experiences as a leader, establish your learning outcomes, and familiarise yourself with the techniques that personalise this course to your leadership style.
- Module Two: Understanding Yourself as a Leader - This module is designed to encourage critical self-reflection and proactive personal development. You will establish and develop a personal leadership and management profile, that you'll use as a basis for critical self-appraisal and as a template for understanding others.
- Module Three: Executive Coaching and Self-Care - Building on the leadership profile that you'll create in the previous module, you'll be introduced to the idea of executive coaching as a way for the organisational leader to maintain their ability to lead. The module explains how to make use of a coach and how to maintain health and well-being in the 21st century.
- Module Four: A Leadership Toolkit - This module introduces six core leadership tools for use in day to day leadership contexts. It is designed as a starting point for the leader who will go on to build their own personal toolkit. It is founded on established theories of thinking and communication. The module explains each tool and how it might be applied.
- Module Five: Understanding Those You Lead - This module builds on the previous three by putting those concepts into leadership contexts. It describes how to appreciate the diversity in employees and bring this to bear on shared outcomes and targets. The module goes on to describe team audits and looks at the new science of motivation.
- Module Six: Professional Learning - Developing on the previous module, this module looks at how a leader can establish a culture of professional learning and development. It shows you how to select the best learning opportunities when time and money may be short.
- Module Seven: Leading Organisational Change - This module brings the previous modules together in the context of leading change. It introduces tools for change and links leadership competencies to planning for successful organisational evolution.
- Module Eight: Troubleshooting - In this final module, you'll look at how to lead when the best-laid plans and most effective leadership do not bring expected results. It looks at the challenges around mistakes, setbacks and failure, and the issues that can arise with working relationships.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By taking this course you have the opportunity to:
- Gain self-awareness of your leadership characteristics and your professional development needs.
- Strengthen your preparedness and skills to lead others.
- Deploy appropriate leadership tools for specific situations and desired outcomes.
- Efficiently and effectively develop the capacity of those whom you lead.
- Develop a culture of continuing professional learning within your organisation.
- Know how to navigate planned organisational change.
- Respond successfully to unexpected outcomes and imposed challenges.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course, designed by food industry experts, to help food handlers understand the best food safety practice in order to assist their food premises in achieving the highest level 5 rating under the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
Learn More »
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »