Employment Law Training
This Employment Law online training has been developed by employment law specialists to build six linked modules. The online course takes students through the employment journey covering key areas of employment law, such as employee status, recruitment, onboarding, working arrangements, leave entitlements, disputes, disciplinaries, and grievance procedures as well as employment terminations and pension regulations.
The course will help learners understand how to achieve legal compliance and best practice and avoid disputes or legal action.
Developed by professionals in Employment Law
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
This online Employment Law training course has been designed for managers, employers, and members of Human Resources (especially those who are new to HR and its responsibilities) who must be familiar with key areas of employment law.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Legal Framework covers the background to employment law, how to understand employment status, contract types and responsibilities, access to work schemes, employing young workers, and employing people who have a disability.
- Recruitment and Starting Work covers the responsibilities of employers, HR, and employees during recruitment, shortlisting, interviewing, induction, as well as advertising jobs, discrimination, the right to work, contacting the Home Office, DBS checks, and copying and checking documents.
- Working Arrangements covers all elements of the employment contract including its terms and conditions, probation periods, continuous employment, flexible working, compressed hours, Working Time Regulations, overtime, pay, and pension regulations.
- Leave Entitlements covers annual leave, additional leave entitlements, sickness absence, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity, shared, and adoption leave, Statutory Maternity Pay, unpaid parental leave, and returning to work.
- Disputes, Discipline, and Grievance Procedures covers how to fairly and reasonably solve workplace disputes, grievances, poor performance and capability, and disciplinary issues, serious and gross misconduct, work suspension, best practice for procedures, whistleblowing, and complaints procedures.
- Employment Termination and Pensions covers resignation, redundancy, redundancy pay, wrongful dismissal, unfair dismissal, automatically unfair dismissals, constructive dismissal, tribunals, and includes a series of helpful resources to keep your employment law knowledge up to date.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Training
By the end of this Employment Law training course, learners will be familiar with employment law and best practice in regards to:
- Employment practice, for example, where the rules come from, types of working arrangement, and contracts.
- Recruitment and induction processes.
- Working arrangements, such as contracts, hours, pay, and pensions.
- Types of leave, such as maternity leave and compassionate leave.
- The best practice and procedures for disputes and grievances.
- Retirement, redundancy, and termination of employment.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically, so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass, don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Financial crime training course aims to help regulated businesses understand money laundering and put in place controls to prevent financial crime.
Learn More »
This Data Protection training course is designed to help businesses and individuals understand the importance of their strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Learn More »