GDPR Online Training Course
The EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) added extra responsibilities to the Data Protection Act 1998 on the 25th of May, 2018. All businesses that handle personal data must ensure that they are aware of the new rules and must examine the processes they currently have in place to ensure they continue to comply with the law.
This GDPR training course will outline your main responsibilities and help you to start making the necessary changes. The biggest changes under the GDPR are in relation to obtaining consent, the right to be forgotten and the appointment of a Data Protection Officer.
- Developed by a qualified finance professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This GDPR training is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for implementing the changes brought about by the GDPR. The course is designed for all services that use or hold personal data, both inside and outside of the EU, and who need to have an understanding of the rules of the GDPR.
If you're looking for a more general understanding of the principles of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act, and you don't have responsibility for implementing the changes, then our Data Protection course may be more suitable for your needs.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 2 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Aims of the GDPR – summary of key changes, the Information Commissioner’s Office, changes to data protection law, preparation, sanctions, case studies and cyber security.
- Definitions and Principles – data protection terminology and the principles of data protection.
- Processing, Consent and Subject Rights – how to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent, consent to transfer data outside the EEA, existing consent and data subject rights.
- Data Controller and Processor Obligations – who is a controller, controller obligations, data security, reporting breaches, processor obligations, cross-border data transfer and further information.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the purpose of the GDPR.
- Be able to explain what information falls under the GDPR.
- Have the necessary knowledge to implement GDPR compliant processes.
- Know what is expected of firms in regards to data security.
- Know what rights Data Subjects have under the GDPR.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Data Protection training course aims to help learners understand what their responsibilities are under the UK's data protection law, including the GDPR. The course explains how to collect and process data legally, obtain consent where required and ensure data security.
Learn More »
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »