Interviewing Skills Training for Managers
This Interviewing Skills online course has been designed to help managers increase their confidence when hiring by detailing the recruitment process from start to finish.
The course outlines the legislation surrounding recruitment and the legal responsibilities that everyone involved must comply with. It also details how to carry out an organisational analysis to identify where the new recruit will fit, explains how to write a job description and tailored job adverts, and develop interview assessment templates. Finally, it covers how to develop insightful interview questions that will help uncover a candidate's traits, and teaches learners how to evaluate these responses to ensure they get the best hire.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Interviewing Skills Training course is for anyone who is managing recruitment processes for their workplace. It outlines all the legal requirements employees must comply with, as well as how to develop good interview questions and carry out fair and focused evaluations.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end. These are:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction to Interviewing Skills: The law, the Equality Act 2010, types of discrimination, how does this affect what I can ask?, positive action, safer recruitment, reasonable adjustments and data protection.
- Preparations: Costs of a bad hire, finding the right candidate, organisation analysis, job analysis and writing a job description.
- Advertising the Position: Advertising methods, internally advertising a position, advertising on your website, advertising on job sites, social recruiting and language.
- Preparing for Interviews: Screening responses, reasonable adjustments, the questions, behavioural interview questions, questions related to the role, interviewing graduates, questions to avoid, planning for the interview.
- Preparing Evaluation Criteria: Reducing interview bias, evaluating candidates, interview assessment templates, person specification criteria, your questions, weighting and scoring responses.
- Interviewing and Evaluating Candidates: Before candidates arrive, as candidates arrive, introducing your culture, the interview, textual analysis, body language, interviewing a difficult candidate, representing your company, after the interview, evaluating candidates, extending an offer, rejecting a candidate.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the laws that apply to the interview process.
- Be able to write an effective and clear advert for your website, job sites and social media.
- Understand how to structure questions that find out the right kind of information.
- Recognise the importance of carrying out skills tests for all job roles.
- Recognise the importance of hiring for attitude.
- Understand how to evaluate candidates and make the right hiring decision.
- Understand how to extend an offer as well as politely reject the wrong people.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online training course designed to provide workers with an introduction to ladder safety so that they understand how to carry out their work tasks competently and with care. The course outlines relevant legislation, includes details on how to undertake a risk assessment and provides advice on all the key aspects relating to using ladders safely.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »