Interviewing Skills Training for Managers
This Interviewing Skills online course has been designed to help managers improve their hiring process and become confident at handling those difficult and emotionally draining interviews like dismissals and disciplinary interviews.
The training course is valuable for managers who want to know how to hire the best fit for their business. By using skills tests, all skills-based hiring mistakes can be eliminated
and therefore interviews can be designed around hiring for cultural fit and coachability. If your candidate has the right attitude for your business and the essential skills that
the role requires, then they can be coached to expand their level of knowledge and develop into an indispensable asset for your company.
Yet, finding out if they’re the right fit can be tricky, and sometimes an interview can feel like an impossible quest. But, by using research from top managers and businesses already enjoying recruitment success,
this course helps you to create an interviewing process that asks the right questions and finds the right people.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 3-4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
If you're a manager looking to improve your company's hiring process or looking for the confidence to handle other interviews effectively, then this course can help you develop your managerial skills in these areas.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 6 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction – In this first module, you’ll be introduced to interview approaches such as hiring for attitude and the behavioural method as well as getting to grips with the importance of structuring your interviews.
- Interviewing and the Law – In this second module, you'll get to grips with the Equality Act 2010 and the nine protected characteristics. You'll also learn about how to conduct fair and legal interviews,
how to put a positive action statement in an application, how to make reasonable adjustments for interviews, what a genuine occupational qualification is and the different types of discrimination as well as learning about
what you can and can't ask in an interview.
- Preparations – This third module is all about putting in the groundwork: writing questions, creating job adverts for different mediums such as social media and job sites, skills testing,
writing your job description and your person specification.
- Conducting an Interview – In this module, you'll go through the finer points of conducting an actual interview, including how to build rapport, how to reduce bias, choosing a location, discussing your company culture with
candidates, body language, textual analysis, interviewing graduates and difficult candidates as well as how to determine if your candidate is manageable.
- Evaluating Candidates – In this module, you'll learn about how to create evaluation guidelines. These help you eliminate biases in the process and they help to get everyone involved in assessing the candidate on the same
page about what it is you're looking for. You'll also learn how to extend an offer and politely reject a candidate.
- Other Interviews – In this final module, you'll learn about all the other kind of interviews that you have to do as a manager. These are interviews like dismissals, disciplinaries, exit interviews, return to works and
performance interviews. You'll also learn how to sensitively announce that someone has been dismissed and you'll cover the ACAS guidance that keeps the dismissal and disciplinary process legal.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the laws that apply to the interview process.
- Be able to write an effective and clear advert for websites, job sites, and social media.
- Understand how to structure questions that find out the right kind of information.
- Recognise the importance of carrying out skills tests for all job roles.
- Recognise the importance of hiring for attitude.
- Understand how to evaluate candidates and make the right decision.
- Understand how to extend an offer as well as politely reject the wrong people.
- Understand how to make the disciplinary and dismissal process fair and legal.
- Gain insight into making exit, performance, and return to work interviews productive.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online training course designed to provide workers with an introduction to ladder safety so that they understand how to carry out their work tasks competently and with care. The course outlines relevant legislation, includes details on how to undertake a risk assessment and provides advice on all the key aspects relating to using ladders safely.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »