Networking Skills Training
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Networking is a part of business that many people avoid or fear doing. Whether it’s because you don’t have the time, you don’t see the point, or you simply feel too shy to talk to new people, this course will help you to understand why networking is an important part of business and teach you the key skills to get started.
Networking doesn’t need to be a daunting process: with a bit of practice and the right knowledge you can improve your confidence, prepare for a networking event, hold a successful conversation and maintain a mutually beneficial network of connections.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this course?
This online course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about how to network successfully. The course is written at an introductory level and will help learners of all disciplines understand how to build confidence, start and maintain a conversation and sustain a network of useful contacts.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Networking|| |
What is networking? The aims of networking, key traits of successful networkers, common networking pitfalls, how often to network and types of networks.
|2||Preparing to Network|| |
Determining your aim, determining who will help you meet your aim, social media, researching events, preparing yourself to network, what to wear, overcoming shyness and business cards.
|3||Starting, Carrying and Ending a Conversation|| |
First impressions, approaching people, introducing yourself, the elevator pitch, maintaining a conversation, body language, choosing your words carefully, asking questions, listening skills, how to remember names and leaving a conversation.
|4||Following Up Connections|| |
Gaining follow up commitment, contact databases, how to follow up with connections, maintaining contact, social media, re-approaching connections and removing connections.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Be aware of the key traits of a successful networker and understand the pitfalls to avoid.
- Know how often to network in order to build a robust network and maintain useful relationships.
- Understand how to determine a networking aim, research events and choose who to talk to.
- Know how to prepare physically and mentally for an upcoming networking event.
- Know how to approach people, introduce yourself and start a conversation with confidence.
- Know how to keep a conversation going and bring it to an end.
- Understand the importance of listening skills, body language and asking questions.
- Know how to use and store business cards effectively.
- Know how to follow up, maintain contact with and re-approach existing network connections.
- Understand how social media can help you to network successfully.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other courses you may be interested in
An online course designed to help learners recognise how they naturally approach time management and recognise where improvements can be made. The course teaches a range of tips and techniques that users can implement today to improve their time management based on their own personal style.