Online PA & Secretarial Training Course
This PA skills course has been designed to provide assistants and secretaries with a further understanding of the skills needed in order to perform their role to the best of their ability.
The course looks at all aspects of being a great assistant, from managing relationships and being assertive to communicating effectively and knowing how to take minutes in a meeting. The training is suitable for all assistants who wish to develop on their existing skills, learn new ones and recognise what it takes to be a confident and successful aide.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 4-5 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This PA and Secretarial Skills Course?
This course is suitable for assistants and secretaries of all levels who wish to gain a more thorough understanding of the skills needed to be able to perform their role efficiently and with confidence. The course is designed as an introductory level and so no prerequisite training is needed.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction – your role as PA, secretary or assistant, maintaining a professional image, self-confidence, handshakes and being proactive.
- Managing Relationships – managing your manager, working styles, expectations, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, learning on the job, feedback and appraisals, trust and honesty and conflict management.
- Communication Skills – body language, assertiveness, telephone conversations, screening calls, taking messages, making outbound calls, e-mails and listening skills.
- Writing Skills - basic grammar and punctuation skills, writing letters, addressing envelopes, writing an e-mail, reports and social media.
- Meetings and Minutes - preparing for a meeting, finding a time in everyone’s calendar, writing an agenda, during the meeting, how to take minutes, shorthand and writing up minutes.
- Time Management - diary management, scheduling, prioritising, SMART goals, using a to-do list, multitasking, deadlines, organisation and overcoming procrastination.
- Ergonomics - potential injuries, display screen equipment, workstation set-up, reducing the risks, posture, working hours, office health and safety and stress management.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the role of a PA, secretary or assistant and the skills needed to fulfil the role.
- Have knowledge of good communication skills, including how to be assertive and listen well.
- Learn more about business writing skills.
- Recognise the different working and management styles to enable you to work better with your boss.
- Understand how to better your diary management, scheduling and time management skills.
- Have knowledge of how to organise a successful meeting.
- Learn how to write and layout minutes and a meeting agenda.
- Understand the importance of office ergonomics.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to familiarise those who work in high-risk industries (or those where other safety measures fail to control hazards) with personal protective equipment for work. Upon completion, learners will have a thorough understanding of PPE legislation, the various types of PPE, and how to properly select, use and maintain it. Employers and employees alike will be prepared for ensuring the wellbeing of everyone at work.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »