Performance Appraisal Training for Managers
This Performance Appraisal Training online course has been designed to help managers improve their appraisal process and become confident at delivering tough, fair, and useful feedback.
This training course is invaluable for managers who want to know how to use feedback and the appraisal system to boost morale, develop their team, and encourage productivity. Learners will come away understanding the value of consistent year-round feedback and the appraisal system, and will feel empowered to help those they manage to develop professionally. What's more, they'll feel confident at handling tough topics such as raise requests and unacceptable behaviour.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 3-4 hour
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Course?
If you manage people and are required to carry out an end of year performance review, this course is for you. The course can help you hone your skills, discover how to handle hard conversations and poor performance, as well as how to make the appraisal process motivating and meaningful for your best performers.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction – in this first module you’ll be introduced to the importance of a strong appraisal procedure, how they can improve morale and how, when they're done badly, they can demotivate employees and make them look elsewhere.
- Essential Preparation – in this second module you'll discover what information can help you to assess and rate your employees in an objective manner, how to get your employees in the right frame of mind for receiving feedback, and when you should and shouldn't get employees to fill out a self-appraisal.
- Conducting an Appraisal – in this third module, you'll discover how to conduct the appraisal meeting. This involves how to negotiate tricky conversations, such as how to handle a raise request, unacceptable performance, and what to do when an employee asks for a promotion as well as how to set the tone, ease nervousness and make the process more productive.
- Next Step – In this fourth and final module you'll learn how to take your next steps after the appraisal and make the year ahead a productive one. This module will help you set goals, create a development plan, and teach you how to carry out a disciplinary as well as how to review your approach.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Develop performance development plans.
- Make performance interviews productive.
- Prepare for an appraisal.
- Conduct an appraisal discussion.
- Document the process.
- Accurately evaluate the skills of their employees.
- Recognise core competencies that employees must have.
- Negotiate difficult conversations about poor performance.
- Tackle tough discussions about pay.
- Recognise the importance of consistent feedback.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »