Retail Customer Service Training Course
This online Retail Customer Service training is designed to help anyone working in a retail environment improve their customer service skills. This course ensures that retail staff are constantly and consistently achieving and exceeding their customer's needs and expectations.
All businesses that sell a product or service to the public should strive to provide their customers with the best possible service. This course aims to provide retail workers with the necessary skills and techniques needed to put the customer first and go above and beyond with their service.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Retail Customer Service Course?
This course is suitable for anyone working in a retail customer service role, at all levels of employment, who wishes to improve their service skills. This includes employees who deal with customers face-to-face or over the telephone.
If you work in a non-retail environment then our Customer Service Training Course might be more suitable for you.
If you work in a healthcare environment then our Patient Customer Service Training might be more appropriate for your needs.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction - In this introduction, learners look at the importance of customer service, the cost of poor customer service, customer expectations, and how to go above and beyond.
- Body Language and Listening - In this module, you will look at your appearance, open and closed body language, rapport, honesty, eye contact, and active listening.
- Communication - In this module, we cover self-awareness and confidence, politeness, acknowledging needs, persuasion and influencing, avoiding jargon, being professional, and customer service over the phone.
- Dealing with Complaints - This module focuses on how to ask questions, explaining and apologising, being empathetic, dealing with queues, refund and exchange policies, handling complaints, and personal safety.
- Evaluating Customer Service - This final module helps learners understand how to evaluate their service through social media, mystery shoppers, feedback and surveys, and staff training.
Aims of the Retail Customer Service Training
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the importance and benefits of having excellent customer service skills.
- Understand how body language and listening play an essential role in providing good customer service.
- Be able to adapt their communication to the customer and their needs.
- Know how to remain professional when providing customer service both in person and over the phone.
- Understand how to deal with complaints effectively and safely.
- Understand the law in regards to refund and exchange policies.
- Understand the importance and relevance of social media.
- Know how to evaluate customer service through feedback and staff training.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions
with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »