Online Starting A Business Training Course
This course explains how to start a business and how to write a business plan for
people who are considering, or who are in the early stages of, starting up their
The course gives an introduction to the legalities and regulations
associated with starting a business and gives guidance on aspects to consider before
getting started. The course also highlights what to write in a business plan and
provides a business plan template that can be modified according to the type of
venture and the audience it is intended for.
Designed by experts in business start-ups
Accredited by CPD
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate Duration: 4 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Starting a Business Course?
This course in how to start a business is suitable for anyone considering starting
up a business, or anyone who is currently in the early stages of their own project.
The course is also suited to people who wish to understand what is included in the
process of writing a business plan.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment
at the end:
- Introduction to Starting a Business - the benefits and challenges of starting
a business, the attributes of a successful business owner and accessing help and
- Legal Structure & Regulations - opening a business bank account, sole
traders, partnerships and limited companies. Guidance on choosing a name and information
on tax, licences and other legal regulations.
- Writing a Business Plan - suggested template for a business plan and what
information should be included in the financial plan.
- The Marketing Plan - guidance on market research and how to assess competition.
Information on what should be included in the marketing plan.
- The Operational Plan - information on what should be included in the business
plan on the day-to-day activities of the business.
- Refining the Plan - how to refine the plan depending on the audience and the
type of business being run.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the course
- To understand he steps involved in starting up a business, including the benefits,
challenges, administration and finance options.
- To understand the legal structure of setting up a business, including the type of
business, name and logo.
- To understand the need for business registration, licences, insurance and health
- To be aware of the types and importance of market research.
- To understand the information to put into a business plan based on finance, marketing
- To know how to refine a business plan for different audiences and purposes.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
This Level 3 HACCP training course gives managers and supervisors who work with food an overview of HACCP, including how to implement and manage a HACCP plan effectively to comply with UK / EU regulations.
Learn More »