Starting Your Own Business Course
This Starting a Business course explains how to successfully start your own business, whether you aim to be a sole trader, partnership, or limited company. It teaches you how to write a professional business plan and familiarises you with the legalities and regulations associated with starting a business.
The course gives guidance on numerous aspects that you must consider before beginning your startup, including your business idea, finances, and market research. Once you complete the training, you’ll be prepared to come up with a viable business idea and set up your business in accordance with the law. You’ll be able to create a solid business plan that helps you gain the confidence of investors and guides you during the first few years of business and beyond.
- Designed by business experts
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Starting a Business course is suitable for anyone considering starting their own business or who is currently in the early stages of doing so. It is also suitable for people who want to learn about the process of writing a business plan. No previous knowledge is required; the first module covers the basics before the course takes a comprehensive look at preparing an effective business plan.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment
at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Starting a Business – the challenges of starting a business, the positives of starting a business, what does it take to build a startup?, landing on an idea, case study: innocent, consider the logistics, and doing your research.
- Legal Structure – types of business structures, sole trader, partnerships, limited company, opening a business bank account, choosing a name and logo, and other legal requirements.
- Writing a Business Plan – why is a business plan important?, how to create a business plan, executive summary, appendices, and business description.
- Marketing Plan – why marketing is important, market research, customer demographic, primary and secondary, competitor analysis, product and service features, after-sale services, pricing, methods of advertising, and website and social media.
- Operations Plan – operations, production, inventory and suppliers, distribution, location, credit policies, legal aspects, and personnel.
- Financial Plan – creating the financial plan, sales forecast, profit and loss projections, cash flow forecast, balance sheet, and break-even analysis.
- Support and Resources – accessing support, finding financiers and investors, and further resources.
Aims of the course
By the end of the course you will:
- Recognise the challenges and benefits of starting your own business, as well as the skills and traits you require.
- Know the different legal structures your business may take and how to set up your business in accordance with the law.
- Be familiar with the various sections your business plan should include and how to write it professionally.
- Understand the contents that each section of your business plan should cover, including the executive summary, business description, marketing plan, operations plan, and financial plan.
- Know how to carry out market research to learn about current trends and developments in your industry, assess your competitors, and learn about your target audience.
- Be able to identify the best marketing strategies to effectively sell your products and/or services and build your brand.
- Know where to find advice or support from business advisers and financiers and where to find further resources.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The ability to successfully interact with customers and clients remains one of the key factors to the reputation of a company. The Customer Service Skills course will give learners the necessary tools required that will allow them to be able to deal with customers with confidence and success. The course introduces learners to the best way to work with prospective and current customers and provides practical methods to help them solve queries and complaints whilst maintaining high standards.
Learn More »
An online course designed for managers to help improve their hiring practices and interviewing skills. This course covers the range of interviewing situations that managers are faced with and helps to build confidence in undertaking legal and fair job interviews, dismissal, disciplinary, performance, and exit interviews as well as return to work interviews.
Learn More »