Starting a Business Course
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
This Starting a Business course explains how to successfully start your own business, whether you aim to be a sole trader, partnership, or limited company. It teaches you how to write a professional business plan and familiarises you with the legalities and regulations associated with starting a business.
The course gives guidance on numerous aspects that you must consider before beginning your start-up, including your business idea, finances, and market research. Once you complete the training, you’ll be prepared to come up with a viable business idea and set up your business in accordance with the law. You’ll be able to create a solid business plan that helps you gain the confidence of investors and guides you during the first few years of business and beyond.
- Designed by business experts
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this course?
This Starting a Business course is suitable for anyone considering starting their own business or who is currently in the early stages of doing so. It is also suitable for people who want to learn about the process of writing a business plan. No previous knowledge is required; the first module covers the basics before the course takes a comprehensive look at preparing an effective business plan.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Starting a Business|| |
The challenges of starting a business, the positives of starting a business, what does it take to build a startup?, landing on an idea, case study: innocent, consider the logistics, and doing your research.
|2||Legal Structure|| |
Types of business structures, sole trader, partnerships, limited company, opening a business bank account, choosing a name and logo, and other legal requirements.
|3||Writing a Business Plan|| |
Why is a business plan important?, how to create a business plan, executive summary, appendices, and business description.
|4||Marketing Plan|| |
Why marketing is important, market research, customer demographic, primary and secondary, competitor analysis, product and service features, after-sale services, pricing, methods of advertising, and website and social media.
|5||Operations Plan|| |
Operations, production, inventory and suppliers, distribution, location, credit policies, legal aspects, and personnel.
|6||Financial Plan|| |
Creating the financial plan, sales forecast, profit and loss projections, cash flow forecast, balance sheet, and break-even analysis.
|7||Support and Resources|| |
Accessing support, finding financiers and investors, and further resources.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of the course you will:
- Recognise the challenges and benefits of starting your own business, as well as the skills and traits you require.
- Know the different legal structures your business may take and how to set up your business in accordance with the law.
- Be familiar with the various sections your business plan should include and how to write it professionally.
- Understand the contents that each section of your business plan should cover, including the executive summary, business description, marketing plan, operations plan, and financial plan.
- Know how to carry out market research to learn about current trends and developments in your industry, assess your competitors, and learn about your target audience.
- Be able to identify the best marketing strategies to effectively sell your products and/or services and build your brand.
- Know where to find advice or support from business advisers and financiers and where to find further resources.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other courses you may be interested in
Retail Customer Service Skills
The ability to deal successfully with customers represents one of the most important challenges facing the retail industry. High Speed Training’s Retail Customer Service Skills Online Course is designed to provide workers with the tools required to provide high standards of customer service, through the means of relevant and practical knowledge, tips and exercises which can be practically applied with ease in the workplace.
Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering
This Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering course helps learners to understand the basics of food hygiene so that they can work safely, comply with the law, minimise contamination and ensure the food they handle is safe for consumers to eat.