Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Training
Discounts for bulk purchases:
10% discount on 10+ courses
20% discount on 50+ courses
Infection prevention and control is essential for all businesses, particularly where the working environment or work activities could put employees and those around them at risk of infection. This includes those working in healthcare, in close contact with people or animals, and those involved in the cleaning of human and animal waste. Infections can be easily spread, but by understanding the correct steps to take, the risk of their occurrence can be both prevented and controlled.
This online infection prevention and control course covers the chain of infection, how to break the chain, best practices in hygiene and PPE, and the importance of risk management. It outlines the responsibilities of both employer and employee, highlights the benefits of robust infection control policies and procedures, and details key legislation and regulations.
- Developed in partnership with health and safety experts
- Accredited by CPD and Assured by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this course?
This training course is suitable for anyone whose working environment and job role exposes them to risk of infection. The information it provides can help everyone to understand how to work towards a safer working environment for themselves and those around them.
- Healthcare professionals
- Care assistants
- Laboratory workers
- Kennel/cattery workers
- Veterinary and farm workers
- Refuse workers
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
|1||Introduction to Infection Prevention and Control|| |
What is infection prevention and control?, why is infection prevention and control important?, who is this course for?, legal requirements, legislation and regulations, employer responsibilities, and employee responsibilities.
|2||Understanding Infection|| |
Infection, sources of infection, the chain of infection, breaking the chain of infection, types of infection, infection at work, and who is most at risk?
|3||Controlling the Risks|| |
Risk assessments, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR), effective cleaning practices, spill kits and their uses, waste disposal, and managing COVID-19 risks.
|4||Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment|| |
Effective hygiene practices, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment (PPE), and further PPE considerations.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the course
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the meaning of infection prevention and control and why it is important.
- Know both your own and your employer's role and responsibilities and be aware of the relevant legislation.
- Understand the chain of infection and the most common types of infections.
- Recognise the importance of risk assessments and why they should be followed.
- Be aware of some of the key ways infection risk can be controlled.
- Understand the importance of good hygiene and personal protective equipment.
- Know the meaning of COSHH and how it relates to infection prevention and control.
- Understand the role of additional steps and adaptations when managing the risk of infection outbreaks.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.