Online Nutrition for Weight Loss Training Course
This online Nutrition for Weight Loss Training Course has been designed by a registered
dietician to help people who are overweight or obese understand the components and
importance of maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle in order to lose weight.
Obesity is a serious problem throughout the world, with 2/3 of the UK’s population
now classified as being overweight, and brings with it many serious health risks.
This Nutrition for Weight Loss course aims to provide information on how to safely
lose weight by looking at the details of effective diet plans and lifestyle changes.
- Developed by a qualified dietician
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Nutrition for Weight Loss course?
This course is suitable for anyone who is overweight or obese and who is looking
to successfully lose weight through a better diet and more active lifestyle. The
course provides information on how to lose weight safely and effectively and is
a great basis for anyone looking to take those first steps towards making a change.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 5 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- The Problem of Obesity – What is obesity? Body Mass Index, waist circumference, obesity in the UK and the impact of obesity on health.
- Causes of Obesity – Physical activity, a sedentary lifestyle, changes in dietary behaviour, eating habits and medical and therapeutic causes.
- Nutrition and Diet – Nutrients, calories, metabolism, high protein low carbohydrate diets, low Glycaemic Index diets, very low calorie diets, meal replacements, recommended foods for weight loss, the Eatwell Guide and portion sizes.
- Modifying Your Diet and Behaviours – Reducing calories, food labelling physical activity, modifying behaviour, comfort eating, food diaries, diet plans to avoid, planning ahead, learning from others and surgery and medication.
Aims of the Online Nutrition for Weight Loss Training Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Understand the impact of obesity on health and know how to calculate their BMI.
- Understand the different factors that can cause obesity.
- Know which nutrients are essential for a healthy diet and what should be included in each meal.
- Understand more about the components of a healthy lifestyle and how to modify behaviour to prevent obesity.
- Understand the different ways in which obesity can be treated so that weight is reduced to a healthy level.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
An online course designed to provide a personalised learning experience for leaders who want to build on their existing skills. The course provides information on how to develop and deepen the attributes, behaviours, values and practices of effective leadership.
Learn More »