Online Nutrition for Weight Loss Training Course
This online Nutrition for Weight Loss Training Course has been designed by a registered
dietician to help people who are overweight or obese understand the components and
importance of maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle in order to lose weight.
Obesity is a serious problem throughout the world, with 2/3 of the UK’s population
now classified as being overweight, and brings with it many serious health risks.
This Nutrition for Weight Loss course aims to provide information on how to safely
lose weight by looking at the details of effective diet plans and lifestyle changes.
- Developed by a qualified dietician
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Nutrition for Weight Loss course?
This course is suitable for anyone who is overweight or obese and who is looking
to successfully lose weight through a better diet and more active lifestyle. The
course provides information on how to lose weight safely and effectively and is
a great basis for anyone looking to take those first steps towards making a change.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
- Introduction – what is obesity? Calculate your BMI, waist circumference, the
problem of obesity and the impact of obesity on health.
- Causes of Obesity – physical activity, dietary behaviour, supersizing, eating
habits, medical causes, familial predisposition and environment.
- Preventing Obesity Through Nutrients and Diets – types of nutrient, how many
calories to eat per day, metabolism, high protein-low carbohydrate diets, low GI
diets, very low calorie diets, meal replacements, what to eat to prevent obesity,
the Eatwell Guide and portion sizes.
- Treating Obesity and Modifying Behaviour – cutting back on calories, food
labelling, physical activity, hunger or habit, diet plans to avoid, self-monitoring
and surgery and medication.
Aims of the Online Nutrition for Weight Loss Training Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Understand the impact of obesity.
- Know how to calculate their BMI.
- Understand the different factors that can cause obesity.
- Know which nutrients are essential for a healthy diet and how many should be included
in each meal through appropriate portion sizes.
- Understand more about some of the key diet plans and components of a healthy lifestyle.
- Understand the different ways in which obesity can be treated so that weight is
reduced to a healthy level.
- Know how to modify their behaviour to treat obesity.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Nutrition for Pregnancy and Babies course is designed for all prospective parents or healthcare professionals who wish to understand more about the nutritional requirements of expectant parents and new born infants.
Learn More »
This Diabetes Awareness training course has been designed to provide learners with all the knowledge they need to confidently support diabetics. They will gain an understanding of the different types of diabetes, the various forms of treatment, long-term and short-term risks, and diabetes' impact on day-to-day life.
Learn More »