Fire Warden Training
Also referred to as Fire Marshal training
Having a designated fire warden at work is an important part of fire safety. The fire warden works together with the employer to ensure that fire safety measures and evacuation procedures are in place and effective.
This course will provide you with the necessary training required to be a qualified fire warden. It will educate you about what your and your employer’s legal duties are, will provide you with an understanding of fire, familiarise you with fire hazards and fire safety arrangements, and detail what your emergency evacuation procedures should entail. With the information contained within this course, you will be fully prepared to fulfil your role – to take responsibility for fire safety in the workplace and guarantee your and everyone’s wellbeing.
Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Fire Warden Training course is suitable for anyone who will be taking on the role of fire warden in their organisation. Anyone at any level can take it and no previous knowledge is required; it will cover both the basics and specifics of fire safety. It will fully educate you about what your duties are and how to fulfil them.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into 5 accessible, interactive modules and also includes
an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Fire Warden Training - why fire safety is important, the law, employer and employee duties, how to prepare for the role.
- Understanding Fire - the fire triangle, fire classes and the types of fire extinguisher.
- Fire Risk Assessment - what is a risk assessment? identifying hazards, deciding who might be harmed, evaluating risks, recording and implementing findings and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Fire Safety Arrangements - the fire plan, fire detection and warning systems, emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans.
- Evacuation Procedures - evacuation strategies, your role during evacuations and carrying out fire drills.
Download Course Overview (PDF)
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course, learners will have a thorough understanding of:
- Their role as fire warden in the workplace and their legal duties.
- Basic principles and classifications of fires.
- Heat transmission and how fire spreads.
- How to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- Common causes of fires in the workplace.
- Control measures to minimise the risk of fire.
- Structural measures that prevent fire and smoke from spreading.
- Fire detection, fire warning, and fire equipment.
- Requirements for fire plans.
- Emergency evacuation procedures.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This First Aid at Work course has been designed by a qualified first-aider to help businesses learn the basics of first aid in order to be able to respond to emergency situations efficiently and appropriately.
Learn More »