Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Training Course
Also Referred to as VDU (Visual Display Unit) Training
This Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Training course provides the learner with an awareness of the health risks associated with working with display screen equipment. It teaches the learner how their workplace should be set up so that the chances of developing musculoskeletal problems are minimised.
Many people spend several hours a day using display screen equipment and are unaware of the health problems it can pose. Therefore, the Display Screen Equipment Regulations require DSE users, who work with display screen equipment for the majority of their day, to receive training that teaches them how to maintain an ergonomic setup and follow safe practices.
- Developed by professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
The DSE Regulations apply to anyone whose work involves the regular use of display screen equipment. This Display Screen Equipment course is therefore suitable for anyone who uses DSE for a significant part of their normal working day, whether that be in an office, a factory, on a shop floor, or any other environment where DSE work is essential.
It provides the learner with an awareness level of knowledge, meaning they will understand how to set up their own workstation ergonomically and follow safe practices.
If you are looking to become a certified DSE assessor in your workplace, we also provide DSE Assessor Training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to DSE – The topics covered in this are: What is DSE, the health risks, DSE regulations, The Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974, why DSE training is important, what workers need to know and employee responsibilities.
- DSE Assessments - This informs learners of: What is a DSE assessment, DSE assessors, identifying the DSE hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating the risks and implementing controls, recording findings, and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- How to Set Up Your Workstation – This ensures that workers know to set up: the display screen, the keyboard, the mouse, their chair, software, their work surface, the work environment, laptops, tablets and phones. It also provides a HSE workstation checklist.
- Improving Posture and Wellbeing - This teaches the correct position for your head, upper and lower back, arms and wrists, and legs and feet. It also provides information on fatigue, visual problems, eye tests, and how often you should be taking a break.
Aims of the Training
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand why training in DSE is an important aspect of health and safety.
- Have knowledge of what is contained in the DSE legal regulations.
- Know how to undertake a DSE assessment of your workstation.
- Understand how to set up the workstation correctly to minimise the chances of developing health problems.
- Understand how to improve posture and wellbeing so that working with DSE becomes more ergonomic.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »
Fire Safety Awareness aims to ensure that all workers comply with fire safety requirements and are aware of their duties to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
Learn More »