Infection Control & Prevention Online Training
Infection control and prevention is essential for businesses where work activities could put employees at risk of passing on or contracting an infection. This includes working in a healthcare environment, in close contact with people or animals, and cleaning human and animal waste. Infections are easily passed on, but equally easy to avoid if everyone on the premises takes proper preventative action.
This online infection control course covers the sources of microorganisms and how infectious bacteria transfer between hosts. Learners will understand the process of preventing infections from spreading. This includes proper hand washing procedures, wound dressing, cleaning activities, and waste disposal.
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online training and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This training course is suitable for anyone who works in an environment where there is a significant risk of infections transferring.
This includes, but is not limited to, job roles such as:
- Medical staff and health care workers.
- Cleaners and launderers.
- Refuse workers.
- Farmers and butchers.
- Vets, kennel, and cattery workers.
- Groomers and grooms.
- Prison officers.
The training material is suitable for all employees at any level of the business. While those in a senior management position – i.e. employers, supervisors, and managers – may require a higher level of knowledge, they will still benefit from the information in this course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The content of the course is divided into 3 accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end.
- Introduction to Infection Control – infection, sources of infections, how is infection transmitted?, and the importance of infection control.
- The Chain of Infection – the chain of infection: organisms; reservoir; portal of exit; mode of transmission; portal of entry; and vulnerable host, risk assessment, legal requirements, employer duties, and employee duties.
- Controlling Infection Risks – preventing exposure to microorganisms, good hygiene, infections prevention, hand hygiene, preventing wounds, dressing wounds, preventing aerosols, waste disposal, cleaning spillages, clean-up kit, exposure to contamination, protective equipment, cleaning activities, and further hygiene tips.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to identify sources of infections.
- Understand the various ways that infections may be transmitted.
- Understand the chain of infection and how it helps us identify effective ways to control risks.
- Recognise the importance of your employer carrying out risk assessments of your workplace.
- Have a basic understanding of what your and your employer's legal duties are under certain pieces of legislation.
- Be fully aware of what preventative measures and remedial actions help prevent infections from transmitting.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The answers are marked
automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed. If you don't pass
don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »