Level 1 Health and Safety in the Workplace
To ensure that your workplace remains a hazard-free environment and your health and safety is not compromised, you should be aware of the risks that may exist in your workplace and the safety measures that should be implemented to reduce them.
This course offers an understanding of the importance of health and safety and employee and employer responsibilities under health and safety law. It outlines common workplace hazards and effective methods to reduce them. With this knowledge, you will be fully prepared to recognise hazards in your own workplace and know how to uphold health and safety control measures.
- Developed by health and safety professionals
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for employees in all working environments, including those who work in manufacturing, offices, retail, education, warehouses, construction, and factories. It will be particularly useful to new workers who are required to take health and safety induction training at the start of their employment.
If you have already taken induction level training, and need to maintain or build on your existing knowledge, then it's recommended that you take the Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course.
If you are an employer, manager, or supervisor and you require an advanced level of training then it's recommended you take our Level 3 Health & Safety Training.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains five accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end. These are:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction to Health and Safety –what is health and safety at work, defining hazards, defining risks, common causes of accidents, common types of ill-health, health and safety factors, health and safety law, employer responsibilities, employee responsibilities, and the importance of health and safety.
- Workplace Hazards and Risks: Part 1 – slips, trips, and falls, working at height, manual handling, and hazardous substances.
- Workplace Hazards and Risks: Part 2 – machinery and vehicles, electricity, fire, and stress.
- Workplace Conditions – good housekeeping, the benefits of good housekeeping, welfare facilities, and safety signs.
- Workplace Procedures – the importance of reporting, first aid arrangements, first aid kit, personal protective equipment, and personal hygiene.
Aims of the Course
Upon completion of this course, learners will understand:
- The definition of workplace health and safety and why it's important.
- Common work-related hazards that cause accidents and ill-health.
- Their, and their employer's, responsibilities for upholding health and safety.
- The welfare facilities employers should provide.
- The safety measures and procedures employers should put in place and employee responsibilities to uphold them.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »