Online Managing Health & Safety Training
All businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their employees whilst at work, and it’s up to the business’ employer, managers and team leaders to implement and maintain the relevant procedures.
This Managing Health and Safety course has been designed to help those in charge of health and safety understand more about their responsibilities so that they have an awareness of the related legislation, feel confident to take charge of the health and safety policy using the ‘Plan, Do, Check, Act’ framework and know more about how to undertake a workplace risk assessment.
Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
Developed by health and safety professionals
Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
Full audio voiceover
Approximate duration: 3 hour
On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who has responsibility for planning, implementing and managing the health and safety procedures in the workplace, including employers, business owners, managers, supervisors and team leaders.
The course requires no pre-requisite training, although you may wish to consider taking a further health and safety course related to the industry in which you work in order to gain a more thorough understanding of the risks and procedures relevant to your workplace.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
- Introduction to Health and Safety Law - who has responsibility for health and safety, benefits of managing health and safety, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Health and Safety Executive and law enforcement.
- Management Responsibilities - the role of a leader, the role of a manager, competence, specialist help and training and information.
- Risk Assessment - what is a risk assessment, identifying the hazards, risk profiling, decide who might be harmed, consulting workers, evaluate the risks and implement controls, record your findings and reviewing and updating.
- Plan, Do, Check, Act - the health and safety policy, assessing the risks, implementing the policy, organising health and safety, measuring performance, investigating accidents, reviewing performance and lessons learned.
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand managerial and employer responsibilities under health and safety legislation.
- Understand the importance of having a competent person to take charge of health and safety procedures.
- Know how to undertake a risk assessment of the workplace.
- Understand what needs to be included in a health and safety policy.
- Have knowledge of what is covered by the 'Plan, Do, Check, Act' health and safety management framework.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material.You will
be asked 12 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so that you’ll instantly know whether you passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
This Slips, Trips and Falls course is designed to help businesses comply with health and safety law, carry out a risk assessment and ensure appropriate measures are in place in order to control the risks from slip, trip and fall hazards.
Learn More »