Workplace First Aid Online Training Course
This online First Aid course is essential for everyone in every workplace and every home; you never know when you may need
to use first aid skills and have the confidence to act in a potentially life-threatening situation.
Using high quality videos alongside written guidance, this online course will provide you with all the information needed
to be able to recognise emergency situations, treat conditions and reactions and ensure that you can take appropriate action
at the time of an incident.
Remember, however, that you should always seek medical advice before taking action in case of emergency. This online training
is purely for guidance purposes only and does not replace practical training.
- Developed by a qualified first aid professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Workplace First Aid Course?
This online First Aid course is suitable for people and businesses who wish to learn new first aid skills or refresh their
existing first aid skills. No previous qualifications are needed to take this course as all the basic first aid techniques
are covered throughout the training.
This course is best suited to low-risk workplaces, such as shops, offices and restaurants, which do not require a qualified
first-aider but must appoint somebody to be in charge of the first aid arrangements. It is also considered best practice
for employers to provide information about first aid to their employees. This course satisfies this requirement.
Does This Course Allow Me to Become a Qualified First-Aider?
For workplaces with significant health and safety risks, a formally trained first-aider may be required. The level and type
of training that is appropriate will be determined by the company’s risk assessment.
To become a qualified first-aider you will need to undertake training in workplace first aid that includes at least 18 training
and assessment contact hours. Guidance on choosing a provider for this can be found online here: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction and Primary Assessment – the aim of first aid, health and safety regulations, your first aid box, Danger,
Airway, Response and Breathing
- Resuscitation (CPR) – how to administer CPR to adults, children and infants, defibrillators, things to consider and
- Secondary Areas Part 1 – the recovery position, choking, wounds and bleeding and shock.
- Secondary Areas Part 2 – burns, eye injuries, head injuries, fractures, dislocations, spinal injuries and amputation.
- Secondary Conditions and Reactions Part 1 – asthma, allergic reactions, nose bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, heart attacks
- Secondary Conditions and Reactions Part 2 – hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning, drowning and
Aims of the Workplace First Aid Course
By the end of this course, learners will have the appropriate knowledge to know how to:
- Understand first aid regulations.
- Do a primary assessment on a casualty.
- Administer CPR to a casualty.
- Put casualties in the recovery position.
- Deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- Deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries, fractures and dislocations.
- Care for people suffering from asthma, allergic reactions, nose bleeds, diabetes, epilepsy, heart attacks and strokes.
- Deal with and respond to hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning and drowning.
- Understand the importance of record keeping.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 15 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 80%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
This Working at Height Training course ensures compliance with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing learners with an understanding of the risks and controls measures associated with working at height.
Learn More »