Workplace First Aid Online Training Course
This online First Aid course is essential for everyone in every workplace and every home; you never know when you may need
to use first aid skills and have the confidence to act in a potentially life-threatening situation.
Using high quality videos alongside written guidance, this online course will provide you with all the information needed
to be able to recognise emergency situations, treat conditions and reactions and ensure that you can take appropriate action
at the time of an incident.
Note that this online training course gives you sufficient awareness of first aid, but it does not replace competency-based, practical training. Always seek medical advice in case of emergency.
- Developed by a qualified first aid professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Workplace First Aid Course?
This online First Aid course is suitable for people and businesses who wish to learn new first aid skills or refresh their
existing first aid skills. No previous qualifications are needed to take this course as all the basic first aid techniques
are covered throughout the training.
This course is best suited to low risk workplaces (such as offices, shops and restaurants) where a qualified first aider is not required according to the first aid risk assessment. It's considered best practice for all employees to be provided with first aid knowledge, particularly those who are in charge of first aid arrangements, and this course satisfies that requirement.
Does This Course Allow Me to Become a Qualified First-Aider?
If you are looking to become a qualified first aider, then you'll need to undertake practical training that involves at least 18 contact hours. Guidance on choosing a provider for this can be found online: www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/geis3.htm
Always refer to your workplace's first aid risk assessment to determine whether you require practical training alongside this online course.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 1 year. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into six accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- The Primary Survey – the aim of first aid, key annual statistics, first aid regulations, your first aid box and the primary survey: danger, response, airway, breathing.
- The Secondary Survey – steps of the secondary survey, when to call an ambulance, the recovery position, unconscious casualties, choking, wounds and bleeding, applying a bandage and shock.
- Treating Secondary Injuries – burns and scalds, eye injuries, head injuries, fractures and broken bones, dislocations and spinal injuries.
- Resuscitation (CPR) – administering CPR, CPR for children and infants, defibrillators (AEDs) and extra things to consider.
- Secondary Illnesses and Conditions – asthma, allergic reactions and anaphylaxis, diabetes, epilepsy, heart attacks and strokes.
- Further Secondary Illnesses and Conditions – hyperventilation, nosebleeds, sprains and strains, making an arm sling, poisoning, drowning and recordkeeping.
Aims of the Workplace First Aid Course
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand workplace first aid regulations.
- Know how to conduct a primary survey on a casualty.
- Know how to administer CPR to a casualty.
- Know how to put casualties in the recovery position.
- Be able to deal with and respond to choking, wounds, bleeding and shock.
- Be able to deal with and respond to burns, eye and head injuries, fractures and dislocations.
- Know how to care for people suffering from asthma attacks, allergic reactions, nosebleeds, diabetic emergencies, epileptic seizures, heart attacks and strokes.
- Be able to deal with and respond to hyperventilation, fainting, sprains and strains, poisoning and drowning.
- Understand the importance of recordkeeping.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 90%.
The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have
passed. If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you
need with no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »
An online course designed to train individuals who will be taking on the role of designated fire warden in their workplace. Upon completion, they will have a strong understanding of fire safety and their specific duties, including upholding fire safety arrangements and managing evacuation procedures.
Learn More »