Internet Safety Training
This internet safety training course is designed to help anyone who works with children understand the risks that may be encountered by the online generation.
Internet safety for children is an area that many professionals and parents wish they had a better understanding of. This course aims to provide sufficient information to allow you to make informed choices, protect children from online dangers and ensure any issues are dealt with appropriately.
- Developed by a qualified child protection professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This course has been designed to help parents, teachers, and anyone else who works with or cares for children and teenagers. Internet safety for kids is a significant matter and this course aims to provide an understanding of the risk for professionals, parents and carers alike. It is written at an introductory level, and no pre-requisite knowledge is needed.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction – This introduction includes key facts about young people and social media and an overview of why online safety for children is important.
- Examining the Risks – This module includes the advantages and disadvantages of technology, which children are most at risk online, the risks children face on the internet, ‘sexting’, the consequences of being exposed to risks, web cams, cyberbullying and online safety in gaming.
- Case Studies – This module looks at a series of case studies to familiarise learners with the wide range of risks that children and young people can face online.
- Addressing Safety Issues – This section of the courses will raise your awareness of internet safety, provide practical internet safety tips, online safety tips for parents. It will also provide information on using social media safely, recognising when things are wrong, responding to concerns, and removing online content.
- Further Resources – This final module provides a comprehensive list of resources that you may wish to consult in order to learn more about child protection and online safety for kids.
Aims of the Course
This internet safety course will:
- Consider key facts, statistics, and research about the internet and mobile technology and the way it's used by children and young people.
- Explore the potential risks of technology.
- Consider how the internet and mobiles are used to target, groom, and abuse young people.
- Think about why young people often don't disclose what's happening to them.
- Consider how to address risks including raising awareness among children and young people.
- Provide information on resources that are accessed and used by young people, parents, and professionals.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Child Sexual Exploitation training course aims to raise awareness of how young people are targeted, implicated and affected by CSE issues and outlines the best practice in responding to concerns.
Learn More »
This Safer Recruitment Training course is designed to help those who work with children and families to actively try to protect their welfare when selecting new people for the workforce.
Learn More »