Safeguarding Training For Taxi Drivers
This Safeguarding Training for Taxi Drivers has been designed to outline the safeguarding responsibilities of taxi drivers. The course explains types of abuse and exploitation, how to report concerns, and good safeguarding practices.
We all have a responsibility to safeguard those who are vulnerable. As a taxi driver, you have a unique reach into society and see and hear things that other people may not see. As a result, it is important for taxi drivers to take safeguarding training so they can recognise when they are carrying passengers at risk.
- Developed by safeguarding professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
This Safeguarding Training For Taxi Drivers course is suitable for anybody who drives a taxi or other licensed cab hire. It is also suitable for taxi organisations, big and small, including those who work in the office.
This course is written at an introductory level so no previous knowledge is required.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This certificate does not have an expiry date. However, based on industry best practice guidelines, the recommended renewal period for this training is 3 years. We will print this recommended renewal date on your certificate.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
This course contains four accessible, interactive modules and includes an assessment at the end. These are:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction – Vulnerable passengers, abuse, types of abuse, your responsibilities, and safeguarding law.
- Recognising Abuse – Human trafficking, child sexual exploitation, vulnerable adults, domestic violence, and prevent.
- Your Safeguarding Responsibilities – Reporting concerns, what you should report, good safeguarding practices, being professional, and confidentiality.
- Case Studies – Case studies for safeguarding children, safeguarding vulnerable adults, child sexual exploitation, and human trafficking.
Aims of the Course
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand what child sexual exploitation is.
- Be aware of what human trafficking is.
- Be able to recognise, and know how to report, a vulnerable person at risk.
- Understand how child sexual exploitation and human trafficking are relevant in the taxi industry.
- Know how to protect vulnerable passengers.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding of food safety control in the catering sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people in a food business.
Learn More »
This Child Sexual Exploitation training course aims to raise awareness of how young people are targeted, implicated and affected by CSE issues and outlines the best practice in responding to concerns.
Learn More »