Small Business Bookkeeping Online Training Course
This online bookkeeping course provides small business owners and management with
the information they need to create an effective and reliable bookkeeping system.
The course covers the types of information that need to be included and what systems
should be used to record them. The course explains methods for improving and forecasting
cashflow and budgets within the business and outlines how to respond to purchase
and sales invoices. There is also a module explaining the importance of good credit
control, including how to successfully speak to and deal with late-paying customers.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 4 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Bookkeeping Course?
This online bookkeeping course is aimed at small business owners and management
teams who want to learn how to run a successful bookkeeping system.
It is a legal requirement to issue sales invoices and keep accounts records for
a minimum of six years, so it is essential that businesses have an effective and
manageable bookkeeping system in place.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into five accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction to Bookkeeping - an introduction to the types of business, how
to choose an accountant and what information to include in bookkeeping records.
- Cashflow and Budgeting - a guide on how to improve cashflow, how to forecast
cashflow, how to do a bank reconciliation of finances and how to draw up and manage
- Invoicing - information on what to do with purchase invoices, how to create
a sales voice and how to issue sales invoices to customers.
- Credit Control - an introduction to credit control, including how to request
payments and chase payments from late-paying customers.
- Petty Cash, Stock Control and Balance Sheets - information on petty cash procedures,
wage books, managing stock control and keeping profit & loss accounts, balance
sheets and depreciation accounts.
Aims of the Bookkeeping Training
- To introduce bookkeeping and provide an understanding of what information needs
to be recorded.
- To give guidance on improving and forecasting cashflow and how to draw up a budget.
- To explain how to provide and deal with invoices.
- To introduce credit policies and credit control methods, including how to request
and chase up payments.
- To give an understanding of how petty cash, wage books, stock control and other
financial accounts can be useful.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 75%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Legionella and Legionnaires' Disease Training course is designed to help duty holders understand the risks associated with legionellosis so that appropriate control measures can be implemented and followed.
Learn More »
Electrical Safety is designed to provide the necessary training and information for anyone working with electricity, to allow them to comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Learn More »