Business Writing Skills
This online writing course is designed to help people acquire better written skills
that will help them in both everyday business and personal settings. The course
aims to raise awareness of good written techniques, including information on correct
grammar and spelling and information on how to use language to the writer’s advantage.
This business writing course also goes into more detail on what needs to be included
in different styles of business writing, such as e-mails and meeting agendas, and
which written skills can be employed for each setting.
- High Quality Training Experience
- CPD Accredited Course
- Fully Online Course, Instant Access
- High Quality Certificate - posted the next working day
Who should take this Business Writing Course?
This online business writing course is aimed at anyone in a business setting who
wishes to improve their written skills. The course contains information on all styles
of writing - including e-mails, letters, minutes, reports and social media - and
is well suited for workers who are required to write on both a regular and less-often
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate
through the post the next working day. This can be used to provide evidence for
compliance and audit.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the button below. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo:
Interactive Demo »
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the reasons for needing good writing skills and be aware of the different
types of business writing that may be required.
- Understand the importance of good spelling.
- Understand the basic rules of English grammar.
- Know how to use writing creatively and to the business' advantage.
- Know the importance of editing and proofreading.
- Understand what information to include and which style of writing to use for different
types of business writing.
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Sheet (PDF) »
- Introduction - the benefits of good written skills, types of business writing,
reasons for writing, the ‘Five Cs’ and the importance of good structure.
- Language and Spelling - the importance of effective language, creative language,
international language, spelling, common errors and editing.
- Grammar - definitions and examples of the different parts of English grammar,
including active and passive voice, person and punctuation.
- Types of Business Writing - information on what to include and the style to
adopt for different types of business writing from e-mails and letters to reports
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
This course is an interactive, online format. It is fully animated with high quality
graphics and a full audio voice over.
It takes approximately 2 hours to complete the course in full. This can be spread
out over multiple sessions or completed in a single session. There is no time limit
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »
For anyone wishing to further their personal development or improve workplace organisation, the online Time Management Course gives learners practical and simple advice that can be taken to allow them to improve and manage the use of their time and increase efficiency, both in the workplace and personal life.
Learn More »