Business Writing Skills Training Course Online
This online writing course is designed to help people acquire better written skills
that will help them in both everyday business and personal settings.
aims to raise awareness of good written techniques, including information on correct
grammar and spelling and information on how to use language to the writer’s advantage.
This business writing course also goes into more detail on what needs to be included
in different styles of business writing, such as e-mails and meeting agendas, and
which written skills can be employed for each setting.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this Business Writing Course?
This online business writing course is aimed at anyone in a business setting who
wishes to improve their written skills. The course contains information on all styles
of writing - including e-mails, letters, minutes, reports and social media - and
is well suited for workers who are required to write on both a regular and less-often
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The course is divided into four accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Introduction - the benefits of good written skills, types of business writing,
reasons for writing, the ‘Five Cs’ and the importance of good structure.
- Language and Spelling - the importance of effective language, creative language,
international language, spelling, common errors and editing.
- Grammar - definitions and examples of the different parts of English grammar,
including active and passive voice, person and punctuation.
- Types of Business Writing - information on what to include and the style to
adopt for different types of business writing from e-mails and letters to reports
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the reasons for needing good writing skills and be aware of the different
types of business writing that may be required.
- Understand the importance of good spelling.
- Understand the basic rules of English grammar.
- Know how to use writing creatively and to the business' advantage.
- Know the importance of editing and proofreading.
- Understand what information to include and which style of writing to use for different
types of business writing.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 15 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to provide managers and supervisors with a thorough understanding of the health and safety risks and their relevant control measures in the workplace.
Learn More »
This management course provides employers and employees with the information they need to understand the attributes associated with good leadership skills. It explains the benefits of teamwork, positive listening and body language, meetings and time management skills.
Learn More »