Level 3 Food Hygiene & Safety in Manufacturing Training
This Level 3 Supervising Food Safety course is designed for managers and supervisors in food manufacturing businesses who
are responsible for implementing food safety controls and ensuring that an effective food safety management (HACCP) system
is in place.
The course explains the best food hygiene practice, outlines the controls that can be implemented to ensure
that safe food is produced and looks at how contamination of food can be prevented.
- Matches RSPH and CIEH syllabus
- Meets UK and EU legal requirements for food handlers
- Accredited by CPD and Approved by RoSPA
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 10 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Course?
The Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course is designed for supervisors and food managers who require a broader understanding
of food safety control in the manufacturing sector. The course is recommended for anyone responsible for managing people
in a food business. It
is designed to provide detailed
knowledge of food safety principles and practices, through identifying potential hazards to food safety. In providing
this knowledge, supervisors and
food managers will be able to develop and implement food safety systems appropriate to their workplace.
The Level 3 Food Hygiene Course is ideal for anyone responsible for the HACCP system in a food business. The course focuses
on developing an in depth
knowledge of food safety, implementing a HACCP system and the importance of training staff. The course will give candidates
the knowledge required for
putting a food safety management system into place, whilst teaching the candidates how to communicate this knowledge
to other staff as the business expands.
Management procedures specific to the sector such as manufacturing inspections and audits are covered to give supervisors
and managers the required level
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
This course is also approved by RoSPA, the Royal Society for the Prevention of
Accidents, as providing quality and content-approved training.
Our food hygiene courses match the syllabus used by both the Royal Society for Public
Health (RSPH / RIPH) and the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
Find more information on food hygiene regulations.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
This course has been audited and approved by Environmental Health Officers: the training materials have been independently
reviewed and are verified as containing the necessary knowledge to achieve the level of training specified.
Screenshots (click to view)
Interactive Demo »
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
The content of the course matches the syllabus used by both the CIEH and the RSPH includes:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Food Legislation - food legislation in food manufacturing businesses, how legislation is enforced, who enforces food
legislation and the role of
the supervisor in the investigation of food poisoning.
- Microbiology – the factors which cause the multiplication of food poisoning bacteria and the effects of food-borne
- Prevention of Contamination - types of contamination and how to prevent food contamination in all stages of manufacturing.
- Personal Hygiene - explains the need for good personal hygiene in the work environment and the hygiene facilities
which should be made available
in manufacturing businesses.
- Food Safety Control - the value of good storage and the importance of date checking and stock control.
- Temperature Control - the methods of measuring food temperatures and the controls that are necessary throughout the
- Pest Control - the different forms of pests, their impact on the workplace and the methods that can be taken to control
- Cleaning & Disinfection - the need for cleaning, the different methods of cleaning in a manufacturing premises,
managing cleaning schedules,
controlling internal and external waste appropriately.
- The Design and Construction of Premises – the designs and features that are necessary for a safe manufacturing workplace.
- Training Staff - the legal regulations regarding training, types of training and the need for good communications
and record keeping.
- Implementing Food Management Safety Systems - a detailed examination of each step of the HACCP system.
- Manufacturing Inspections and Audits – the importance of auditing in manufacturing businesses and the role of the
supervisor in the auditing and
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand the key food hygiene legislation.
- Be able to prevent contamination of food through good food safety practice.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene whilst at work.
- Be able to implement effective food safety controls.
- Be able to implement a cleaning schedule so as to keep the manufacturing premises hygienic.
- Understand the importance of training staff.
- Understand each stage of a HACCP food safety management system and how to implement them.
- Learn more about traceability and the role of supervisors/managers.
Once you have completed all of the online training material you will be able to take the online assessment. The assessment
consists of 60 multiple choice
questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed
as you finish.
If you don't pass the assessment you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as necessary
at no extra charge
Other Courses You May be Interested In
This Level 3 HACCP training course gives managers and supervisors who work with food an overview of HACCP, including how to implement and manage a HACCP plan effectively to comply with UK / EU regulations.
Learn More »
This Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course aims to help learners understand their responsibilities in regards to health and safety law so that they can efficiently identify hazards, follow appropriate control measures and keep themselves and others in the workplace safe from harm.
Learn More »