Business Writing Skills Training Course
This business writing course is designed to help you acquire accurate and precise writing skills. Developing your writing skills is an essential career move. If you can write well-presented, concise, and clear business documents, your ideas and arguments appear professional and credible.
The online course raises awareness of writing and editing techniques, including information on common errors and stylistic bad habits including advice on how to use language to your advantage. You will cover how to present different styles of business writing, such as emails and reports, and job ads.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 1-2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who should take this Business Writing Course?
Business writing skills will improve the confidence and accuracy of professionals who write on a daily basis as well as those who write less frequently.
This Business Writing course is suitable for those wishing to improve their writing, editing, and presentation abilities. The course includes guidance on emails, report writing, social media, blog posts, and more.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into three accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF) »
- Fundamentals of Writing - explores writing for your audience, discovering the purpose of your writing, drafting, being accurate and concise, powerful presentation tips, the importance of editing, and how to revise.
- Common Mistakes - covers how to avoid producing ambiguous content; why you should use the active voice over the passive voice; how to prevent overwriting; how to write clear sentences; how to avoid unclear antecedents and drop useless adverbs; when to use contractions, and the most commonly misspelt words.
- Writing for Different Purposes - includes practical advice for writing business emails, reports, letters, blog posts, minutes, meeting agendas, social media, and job ads including how to use inclusive terminology to improve hiring speeds and balance the tone of your ads.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Feel confident choosing and maintaining an appropriate tone.
- Know how to create clear, cohesive, concise, and accurate written communications.
- Recognise the importance of structure.
- Proofread and edit effectively.
- Understand basic grammar and punctuation.
- Know how to avoid common writing mistakes.
- Find it easier and quicker to write for business purposes.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 10 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
High Speed Training’s Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness is designed to teach the skills required to meet UK food hygiene guidelines for working with wrapped and low-risk food. The online course introduces learners to important concepts which will ensure high standards of food safety practice.
Learn More »
Manual Handling Awareness gives guidance on assessing the risks of manual handling in the workplace and provides practical advice on the safe lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of loads.
Learn More »