Negotiation Skills Online Training Course
This online Negotiation Skills training course aims to provide professionals with the relevant information needed to be
able to carry out a successful negotiation in the workplace.
The course raises the importance of ensuring that you have planned and prepared your negotiation well, including information
on identifying your objectives, researching the other party and avoiding common pitfalls.
The course also looks at how to
improve your body language, communication and listening skills in order to encourage a positive outcome and explains how
to deal with difficult negotiation situations.
- Developed by business professionals
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate Duration: 2-3 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
Who Should Take This Online Negotiation Skills Course?
This course is suitable for all professionals who wish to improve on, or learn more about, negotiation skills. This course
has been designed as an introduction to negotiation skills training course and so no pre-requisites are required. The training
is suitable for all levels of worker, with full explanations of all terms and techniques used.
On successful completion of the course you will be sent a quality assured certificate through the post the next working
day. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming
to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Screenshots (click to view)
If you wish to try this course then register for a demo by clicking the 'interactive demo' button. You will be given the option to purchase and continue with your course at the end of your demo!
Interactive Demo »
The course is divided into seven accessible, interactive modules and includes an
assessment at the end:
Download Course Overview (PDF)
- Introduction - negotiation in everyday life, attributes of a good negotiator, recognising negotiable and non-negotiable
situations, stages of negotiation and key terms.
- Preparing to Negotiate - how and what to research, knowing the other party, identifying the objectives, BATNA, ZOPA
and looking for variables.
- Communication Skills - establishing rapport, developing trust, emotional intelligence, getting what you want, helpful
phrases and questions.
- Body Language and Listening - body language, eye contact, the importance of listening and active listening.
- Successful Negotiations - negotiation styles, common mistakes, recovering from mistakes, patience, win/win situations,
game theory, closing the deal and reviewing the negotiation.
- Negotiation Problems – manipulation, unethical behaviour, appeasement, deadlock, spotting lies, dealing with dishonesty
and ending the negotiation.
- Distant Negotiations – international negotiation, cultural differences, interpreters, telephone and conference calls
and email negotiations.
Aims of the Course
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to define negotiation and its key terms and be able to recognise negotiable situations.
- Understand the importance of knowledge and research in negotiations, including identifying the problem, objectives and the
- Understand the importance of body language and listening skills.
- Be able to negotiate successfully by avoiding common mistakes, use different negotiation strategies and understand how to
close a deal.
- Understand common negotiation problems and difficulties and know how to overcome them.
- Be aware of long distance and intercultural negotiations and know how to negotiate via telephone or e-mail.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will
be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The
answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed.
If you don't pass don't worry! You can take the test as many times as you need with
no extra charge.
Other Courses You May be Interested In
All food handlers in the catering sector can satisfy their legal requirement by taking this e-learning course. The course gives learners a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations, with reference to employees preparing, cooking and handling food in catering settings.
Learn More »
This Communication Skills course is designed to help those who work in a business environment improve their essential everyday communication skills.
Learn More »